Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts on the LG G2 after the first 24 hours...

I've spent 24 hours with my G2, here are my thoughts.

So far:

Huge screen, ability to modify/customize EVERYTHING
    Camera is incredible
    Flashing LED light for notifications
    Apps that do everything

DISLIKE
    No voicemail notifications: I see there are several visual voicemail apps, but isn't there a way to see I have voicemail in the same place I see a missed call?
    Keyboard/autocorrect is wonky: Punctuation is a pain, and it sometimes changes the word after I add punctuation. This might be me using old Apple habits that will go away with time, but right now, it's annoying.
    Doubletouch sometimes works: Bringing the phone out of sleep generally requires more than the advertised doubletap.

OTHER
    I miss iMessage more than I thought I would.

Can't comment on battery life yet, I've been transferring old text messages in the background and I think that's been draining it faster. Overall though, I've been pleased with the Android experience, albeit I still sometimes catch myself looking longingly at my old iPhone sitting on the dresser -- old habits die hard.

Default Re: Thoughts on the LG G2 after the first 24 hours...

I think you'll really enjoy the G2 once you get used to how everything works.

Here's some tips to make the transition a bit easier.

(1) change the keyboard to SwiftKey or Swype. Both work better than the LG keyboard.
    (2) turn on inverted mode under accessibility settings when reading several pages of text.
    (3) knock on works better on some G2s when double tapping the upper half of screen.
    (4) change launcher to Action or Nova. Both have more features and look nice.
    (5) when screen is off long press volume down to open camera, long press volume up for quick note.
    (6) Get 50 GB of free cloud storage from Box.
    (7) install Viper4Android to improve sound quality and make music louder.

G2 has great battery life (6-8 hrs. screen time) and charges very fast (1.5 hrs.)

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

And use Google music manager or Easy Phone tunes to easily transfer music from iTunes.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    I think you'll really enjoy the G2 once you get used to how everything works.

Here's some tips to make the transition a bit easier.

(1) change the keyboard to SwiftKey or Swype. Both work better than the LG keyboard.
    (2) turn on inverted mode under accessibility settings when reading several pages of text.
    (3) knock on works better on some G2s when double tapping the upper half of screen.
    (4) change launcher to Action or Nova. Both have more features and look nice.
    (5) when screen is off long press volume down to open camera, long press volume up for quick note.
    (6) Get 50 GB of free cloud storage from Box.
    (7) install Viper4Android to improve sound quality and make music louder.

G2 has great battery life (6-8 hrs. screen time) and charges very fast (1.5 hrs.)

Wow, these are fantastic tips!
    The customizability of Android is blowing my mind. It would've taken weeks to figure all that out. Thank so much!

Congrats on your new baby!

No voicemail notifications: I see there are several visual voicemail apps, but isn't there a way to see I have voicemail in the same place I see a missed call?
    I have voicemail notifications on mine as well as missed call. Perhaps your network doesn't aloow them?

Keyboard/autocorrect is wonky: Punctuation is a pain, and it sometimes changes the word after I add punctuation. This might be me using old Apple habits that will go away with time, but right now, it's annoying.
    Agreed with SKF Get swiftkey, you'll like it!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ftkey&hl=en_GB

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone4 Refugee View Post
    Wow, these are fantastic tips!
    The customizability of Android is blowing my mind. It would've taken weeks to figure all that out. Thank so much!
    No problem.

I have the AT&T G2 and I see voice mail notification in the same area as missed calls.

Here's a few more tips.

(1) take screen shot by long pressing power + volume down
    (2) long press quick toggles (Wi-Fi, sound, sync, etc.) for easy access to settings for each toggle
    (3) short press volume down to silence incoming call

Enjoy the new phone.

Illustrator Joe likes this.

I agree with a lot of that but personally I really dislike swiftkey. Used it for so long till Google keyboard came around. I'd never go back

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador