LG G2: Microphone problem

Jayme Koerselman

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a real issue with my unlocked LG G2 microphone. My microphone seems to be not working I think as the voice search (google) and any app using a mic (voice recording) and videos isn't working or crashes when I try to record. I've done two things that I think might have changed this. I updated the software version a week or so back and it seems to not have worked since. I also installed a Spanish learning app duolingo which at points I didn't want to use the voice input questions and there was an option to "turn it off" which seemed to then "turn the microphone off" for an 'hour' until it was supposed to come back on. I've deleated the app to no avail and restarted a couple of times. I'm not sure how to access the "microphone" on any of the settings. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamnow

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microphone problem

Using the same phone (LG G2 KitKat) parties can NOT hear my voice, unless I turn on the speaker phone. Is this a bad internal microphone or some app or settings issue? Can somebody help me with this frustration.

Marcolav

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I also did a factory reset, but my voice is still low using the microphone (not with headset or speaker)

Marcolav

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I removed the noise reduction and now it's much better, but there is still a huge difference with the headset mode.
I read this could be a software problem, solvable with a custom rom: what do you think? The last post by bellshirado suggests it's a hardware problem instead

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Talked with T-Mobile and they suggested using a simple compressed air can to clean out the speaker port. Now I am heard much more clearly.

Compressed air is the duct tape of cell phones. Had a problem with my wife's G2 charging super slow (with a charger that charges mine super fast). Turns out it was dust/lint in her charging port. A little compressed air and she was back to fast charging!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Atrader1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Verizon LG G2 4 week ago and am on my 3rd phone due to microphone issues. Everyone I talk to says my voice fades in and out and is very hard to hear. Called Verizon they say I can replace with a different make and LG says to send it in for service. 3 phones and they all do the same thing its a manufacturer problem!! Speaker phone works great. Any fixes for this out there?

Srikanth Raj

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I removed the noise reduction and now it's much better, but there is still a huge difference with the headset mode.
I read this could be a software problem, solvable with a custom rom: what do you think? The last post by bellshirado suggests it's a hardware problem instead

Did you find a solution for headset mic problem? let me know

jackswindle

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

I have the same microphone problem as everyone else with the LG GE. I'm nearly positive its a software issue regarding noise canceling. I kind of found a work around. First i turned off noise suppression in call setting. Then I plugged the top microphone hole on the phone as well as plugged the hole in my phones case. People can hear me WAY better now. I tested it with my gf using my phone, covering the hole with her finger and without while speaking. Her voice would go in and out. I'm guessing the phone is confusing us talking with ambient noise or something.

dorian540

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

I have an LG P705 and the mic has stopped working except when on speaker phone.
Have tried cleaning mic. Have not been able to find noise cancelling in phone settings. Could the problem be that I downloaded Whatsapp recently? Any suggested cures for my phone mic?

Nagendra Prasad1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Is that ur issuse of microphone not working is resoved..
I am facing the same problem..
Please share me the various methods u used to reslove this issue..

Thanks in Advance...

marioval

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually having the opposite problem, if I use the phone normally for a call (hold it up to my ear) then all works as expected. If I switch to speaker phone the other side can not hear me. I tried noise Suppression on and off, I even did a factory reset but no success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781