Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with Gallery app collecting all image files from flash drive

I use my flash drive with my g2 a lot but it has rendered my Gallery app useless from the VERY slow load time of the thousands of albums it has to load.

This is because I have a lot of programs and development projects and HTML projects on my flash drive and for some stupid reason, Gallery likes to an hero by making little albums out of it all.

This is a huge pain, how do I avoid/fix this?? Do I have to delete these albums one by one?

Pic related, it gets image files from EVERYTHING:
    Need help with Gallery app collecting all image files from flash drive-screenshot_2014-02-18-00-46-33.png

Default Re: Need help with Gallery app collecting all image files from flash drive

every stock gallery app I've ever used, going back 4+ years, did this. it's why I use QuickPic now. it lets u set folders to blacklist or whitelist so only the pics I want displayed are present.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Need help with Gallery app collecting all image files from flash drive

You can hide the albums you don't want to see. Hit the menu button in the main album page in gallery and the option is there.

Sent from my rooted, Xposed D803 on Dorimanx Kernel.
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
    You can hide the albums you don't want to see. Hit the menu button in the main album page in gallery and the option is there.

Sent from my rooted, Xposed D803 on Dorimanx Kernel.
    Thank you but the problem is there are hundreds of albums and I would have to select them all individually.

If I were to add more software on to my flash drive or move one folder it would all come back.