copy and paste

emg75189

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
On my old Galaxy Nexus I use to be able to copy and paste full articles, I would email them from my phone to my work email. Gives me something to read when I'm not working. I noticed on the LG G2 it doesn't copy the whole article, not even half sometimes. Is there some way around this? I use to use the Pocket(Read it Later) app, but its doesn't have the "email article view" anymore, all it will do is email links.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok. So you're copying the url directly.

I don't see why it shouldn't work. Maybe you can try out a 3rd party clip manager such as clipper plus

emg75189

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay this is strange... With my nexus 7 it will copy and paste whole articles, but the G2 cuts the article off. Wonder how to fix this problem. Any help, thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you post a link to an article that you are having trouble with so I can test it? I have tried a couple without difficulty but they were not real long.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

emg75189

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
okay, I'm a sports fan so I like to send articles to my work email and read them. I can't carry around my personal phone at work.

The NBA Bag, Volume 1 «

here's one i just tried with the G2, went to the grantland article, held down on the screen, selected all, copy. open up gmail, paste. its cut off

I even tried the Feedly app, it has a email only article option, cause i thought maybe pictures or videos in the article were causing this, still cut off.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, did a bit of testing and it was disappointing. I tried out with chrome and it did indeed chop the article. Thinking maybe it's a chrome bug, I tried in chrome on my nexus 7but that worked fine, copied the whole thing. Then I tried again on my G2 using Firefox for android with similar results, it chopped it in a different spot, but did indeed chop it and the entire article was not copied.

I even tried copying from the bottom of the page but it still cut it short at the same spot.

Hmmm

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, after a bit more testing, it seems to be an issue with the gmail app. If I copy and paste the whole article and send using my msn account via the email app instead of the gmail app seems to work fine, entire article copies into the message body no problem

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One other option is using the web verizon of gmail in the android chrome browser instead of the gmail app on your phone.

That did not chop the article at all in my tests. Be sure to fill your "to" address before you paste the article. For me there were some weird formatting issues that blocked the address and subject fields with images from the article. But by filling in those fields before pasting and then hitting send, the newly received email did contain the entire article.

emg75189

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
One other option is using the web verizon of gmail in the android chrome browser instead of the gmail app on your phone.

That did not chop the article at all in my tests. Be sure to fill your "to" address before you paste the article. For me there were some weird formatting issues that blocked the address and subject fields with images from the article. But by filling in those fields before pasting and then hitting send, the newly received email did contain the entire article.

Thanks, I'll try sending from a different email... It's strange that it does that. I wonder if HTC, Samsung, etc phones do this too.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03