Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VDub2174
  • 1 Post By ectoren
  • 1 Post By Klotar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help! I keep getting pop-up ads on screen, not in notification bar though..

I tried downloading a few ad detecting apps, but even after uninstalling their suggestions, these ads keep popping up. Its really annoying, please help!

Here's a screenshot of one of the ads, I cropped it, but I was on the messaging app. If any other information is required, let me know!

Help! I keep getting pop-up ads on screen, not in notification bar though..-2014-02-18-18-32-14-1.png

Default Re: Help! I keep getting pop-up ads on screen, not in notification bar though..

Welcome to the forums!!

What apps do you have installed? Things like that came be a part of a lot of different apps.
    Celine115 likes this.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Default Re: Help! I keep getting pop-up ads on screen, not in notification bar though..

About a month ago, something similar occurred. I uninstalled several apps and could not find the culprit. In the end, I had to do a factory data reset. Start from scratch. Problem gone. Never knew what app caused it.
    Celine115 likes this.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Which ad detecting apps did you try? I have heard that two good ones are:

Airpush Detector https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en

and

Ad Network Detector https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en
    Celine115 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks so much for all your replies, this was really helpful!
    I had tried airpush detector, but the second one, Ad Network Detector, (along with some searching) helped me find what seemed to be the culprit! Its an ad network called Mobclix if anyone was wondering, and came with an app called Jetpack Joyride. I'm not 100% sure if this was it, since the ads came randomly, but so far so good! Thanks again for all your help!

Google an app called lucky patcher. It is not in the play store.
    It dose alot of stuff
    But what you want is its ability to patch add blocks
    Install it and it will show you all the apps that have google adds. [Some apps wont show up that have adds]
    Click it and hit disable google adds and then pick the ones it tells you are adds.

You must root to do this.

Also checkout rom toolbox it has a dns add blocker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celine115 View Post
    Thanks so much for all your replies, this was really helpful!
    I had tried airpush detector, but the second one, Ad Network Detector, (along with some searching) helped me find what seemed to be the culprit! Its an ad network called Mobclix if anyone was wondering, and came with an app called Jetpack Joyride.
    Ug. I hope it's JJ app. It's my fave game!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Looks like it wasn't that one after all. The ads are back.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

My next guess is an app called Insta Photo Collage, which I was certain I uninstalled, search my phone for and came up blank, but when I checked in the Google Play App, it showed as installed. It was an app I downloaded around the time when this started happening (then again, I installed many) So I uninstalled it, hopefully this one is actually the app causing it!

So I'm having the same problem..when you reset your phone did u lose all your apps and music I don't have an SD card.