Kit Kat for G2

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to you AT&T folks. Hopefully Verizon isn't far behind (but I won't hold my breath).

Posted via Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... I find a Beats Music appand Famiingo in my app drawer?!! What kind of bloat did they add with this update? hmm...

Thanks.
I just disabled those two apps. I also disabled Quick Translator.
What is Isis Wallet?? Can it be disabled?
Any other bloat that can be disabled (besides all of the ATT crap that I previously disabled)?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And at reboot I get a message, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

And I press ok to continue and at my home screen. Will have to see if I need to wipe eh?

Thanks.
I just disabled those two apps. I also disabled Quick Translator.
What is Isis Wallet?? Can it be disabled?
Any other bloat that can be disabled (besides all of the ATT crap that I previously disabled)?

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
What notifiable differences do you notice?
Are there any changes with:
1. Camera App
2. KnockOn
3. QSlide
4. Anything else you might notice?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Does it have ART? I couldn't find it in the developers options. If not it sucks that most oems are opting out of the one feature I was looking forward to with kk

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well its done. I don't notice a lot of changes. I do see the transparent notifications bar, that's cool. Also in apps it has a separate section for disabled apps, I like that. Don't see anything different with the phone dialer. I will wait for a call from someone not in my contacts to see how that works. Oh, and it appears that they fixed something that I really hated: every time I would go into contacts, it would attempt to open att ones, though I don't use it. I would have to hit arrow back to get my Google ones. It appears I can go straight into Google now once I opened att first and declined. We'll see if that sticks. Now going to go back into Nova [I downloaded under lg default launcher] to see how things are with that

Right off the bat I see that the transparent notification bar does not work with Nova. But I have the swipe feature set to toggle it away

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem that it's supported. No "Select Runtime" option in Developer options.
I had read somewhere months ago that ART wasnt supported but was hoping there was some last minute change...
Basically I think they found it didnt play well with their UI so they disabled it. Sucks.
I enabled it on my Nexus 4. At least Bluetooth LE is now on kitkat which is one feature I wanted.

Does it have ART? I couldn't find it in the developers options. If not it sucks that most oems are opting out of the one feature I was looking forward to with kk

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind looking in the lock screen settings and/or gestures to see if they added knock code?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I am so happy right now with KK. There is at least one pet peeve I had that is fixed:
I have been posting recently about messaging. That is, why couldn't I the message app play the individual tones I have selected in my contacts for each person.. I even downloaded textra because it does that. Well now I can get rid of it and use the default because with 4.4 the lg messaging app lets me do that now, also, it updated how to find contacts. It actually brings up my entire contact list from gmail. I am a bit bummed that still on the default launcher, it has the words written across a blank home screen about adding apps. I was hoping that would disappear. I hope to find some more goodies. Oh, and also when you get a call the phone dialer opens a bit differently, its smaller and at the top of the screen. There are some nice subtle changes. Oh, and they finally moved the settings button in the notifications bar to the upper right, where it should have been. Oh, and I think the keyboard looks a little different when composing emails and texts

Does anyone know when Nova will get a transparent notification bar?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Would you mind looking in the lock screen settings and/or gestures to see if they added knock code?

Not sure what you are describing, but I did not see anything different, from what I can remember about it before. What is knock code?