Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kit Kat for G2

Illustrator Joe likes this.

Default Re: Kit Kat for G2

About time. I hope ATT gets it soon
    Thanked by:
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

yay

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

C'mon T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Itshappeninggif

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

ATT has Kit Kit as of this message. My phone is updating now.
    Thanked by:
    donm527#IM likes this.

Holy smokes your're not joking!! Just checked my phone and there is a 679.42 MB update available and I am downloading it now!

Quote Originally Posted by kollarism View Post
    ATT has Kit Kit as of this message. My phone is updating now.

Congrats to you AT&T folks. Hopefully Verizon isn't far behind (but I won't hold my breath).

Posted via Android Central App

Ugh... I find a Beats Music appand Famiingo in my app drawer?!! What kind of bloat did they add with this update? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Congrats to you AT&T folks. Hopefully Verizon isn't far behind (but I won't hold my breath).

Thanked by:
    tsells 

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Ugh... I find a Beats Music appand Famiingo in my app drawer?!! What kind of bloat did they add with this update? hmm...
    Thanks.
    I just disabled those two apps. I also disabled Quick Translator.
    What is Isis Wallet?? Can it be disabled?
    Any other bloat that can be disabled (besides all of the ATT crap that I previously disabled)?

I think I'll wait a bit to see if there's any issues with KitKat.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

And at reboot I get a message, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

And I press ok to continue and at my home screen. Will have to see if I need to wipe eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Thanks.
    I just disabled those two apps. I also disabled Quick Translator.
    What is Isis Wallet?? Can it be disabled?
    Any other bloat that can be disabled (besides all of the ATT crap that I previously disabled)?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

What notifiable differences do you notice?
    Are there any changes with:
    1. Camera App
    2. KnockOn
    3. QSlide
    4. Anything else you might notice?
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

I'm not waiting, its downloading now!

Does it have ART? I couldn't find it in the developers options. If not it sucks that most oems are opting out of the one feature I was looking forward to with kk

Well its done. I don't notice a lot of changes. I do see the transparent notifications bar, that's cool. Also in apps it has a separate section for disabled apps, I like that. Don't see anything different with the phone dialer. I will wait for a call from someone not in my contacts to see how that works. Oh, and it appears that they fixed something that I really hated: every time I would go into contacts, it would attempt to open att ones, though I don't use it. I would have to hit arrow back to get my Google ones. It appears I can go straight into Google now once I opened att first and declined. We'll see if that sticks. Now going to go back into Nova [I downloaded under lg default launcher] to see how things are with that

Right off the bat I see that the transparent notification bar does not work with Nova. But I have the swipe feature set to toggle it away

Doesn't seem that it's supported. No "Select Runtime" option in Developer options.
    I had read somewhere months ago that ART wasnt supported but was hoping there was some last minute change...
    Basically I think they found it didnt play well with their UI so they disabled it. Sucks.
    I enabled it on my Nexus 4. At least Bluetooth LE is now on kitkat which is one feature I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGinger55 View Post
    Does it have ART? I couldn't find it in the developers options. If not it sucks that most oems are opting out of the one feature I was looking forward to with kk

Would you mind looking in the lock screen settings and/or gestures to see if they added knock code?

Okay, I am so happy right now with KK. There is at least one pet peeve I had that is fixed:
    I have been posting recently about messaging. That is, why couldn't I the message app play the individual tones I have selected in my contacts for each person.. I even downloaded textra because it does that. Well now I can get rid of it and use the default because with 4.4 the lg messaging app lets me do that now, also, it updated how to find contacts. It actually brings up my entire contact list from gmail. I am a bit bummed that still on the default launcher, it has the words written across a blank home screen about adding apps. I was hoping that would disappear. I hope to find some more goodies. Oh, and also when you get a call the phone dialer opens a bit differently, its smaller and at the top of the screen. There are some nice subtle changes. Oh, and they finally moved the settings button in the notifications bar to the upper right, where it should have been. Oh, and I think the keyboard looks a little different when composing emails and texts

Does anyone know when Nova will get a transparent notification bar?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Would you mind looking in the lock screen settings and/or gestures to see if they added knock code?

Not sure what you are describing, but I did not see anything different, from what I can remember about it before. What is knock code?

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    Okay, I am so happy right now with KK. There is at least one pet peeve I had that is fixed:
    I have been posting recently about messaging. That is, why couldn't I the message app play the individual tones I have selected in my contacts for each person.. I even downloaded textra because it does that. Well now I can get rid of it and use the default because with 4.4 the lg messaging app lets me do that now, also, it updated how to find contacts. It actually brings up my entire contact list from gmail. I am a bit bummed that still on the default launcher, it has the words written across a blank home screen about adding apps. I was hoping that would disappear. I hope to find some more goodies. Oh, and also when you get a call the phone dialer opens a bit differently, its smaller and at the top of the screen. There are some nice subtle changes. Oh, and they finally moved the settings button in the notifications bar to the upper right, where it should have been.

I know Nova beta has the transparent nav bars. Not sure if the have updated the non beta version or not. It is somewhere in the home screen settings.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    Thanked by:

Not sure what you are describing, but I did not see anything different, from what I can remember about it before. What is knock code?
    Knock code is the new variation of knock on that not only wakes the phone but unlocks it with a pattern of your choosing. It's in the new G Pro, I was hoping it would make its way into the G2 also.

See the next to last paragraph for a better explanation:
    Hands-on with the LG G Pro 2 http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-lg-g-pro-2

But does the stock app support group messaging now? I didnt check if it did so when I reset my phone, I immediately reinstalled textra and chose the option to make it my default and only messaging app (which I was waiting for in kitkat). If it still doesnt support group messaging then its still useless to me.

I have been posting recently about messaging. That is, why couldn't I the message app play the individual tones I have selected in my contacts for each person.. I even downloaded textra because it does that. Well now I can get rid of it and use the default because with 4.4 the lg messaging app lets me do that now, also, it updated how to find contacts. It actually brings up my entire contact list from gmail. I am a bit bummed that still on the default launcher, it has the words written across a blank home screen about adding apps. I was hoping that would disappear. I hope to find some more goodies. Oh, and also when you get a call the phone dialer opens a bit differently, its smaller and at the top of the screen. There are some nice subtle changes. Oh, and they finally moved the settings button in the notifications bar to the upper right, where it should have been. Oh, and I think the keyboard looks a little different when composing emails and texts

Watch the video the guys from central posted on the pro.
    Seems you can customize the knock with patterns throughout the screen and up to 8 knocks!!
    Can you say... knock - knock - knock - knock - knock - knock - knock............................ knock! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Watch the video the guys from central posted on the pro.
    Seems you can customize the knock with patterns throughout the screen and up to 8 knocks!!
    Can you say... knock - knock - knock - knock - knock - knock - knock............................ knock! lol.
    I will try that tomorrow, as I have to go now. I have been using nova so I only use knock in the navigation bar
    Daniel Merlino likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast