Battery saver in notifications

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This is sort of a trivial issue compared to most but its really annoying having the little battery saver notification always in my notifications window, even when it's not on. I really enjoy the battery saver feature, i have it set to turn on when under 20% and id rather not have to go in and turn it on every time i go under 20% (because I'll forget, im not always focused on my battery level)

Is there any way to remove or hide this notification from my notifications pull down?

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
This is sort of a trivial issue compared to most but its really annoying having the little battery saver notification always in my notifications window, even when it's not on. I really enjoy the battery saver feature, i have it set to turn on when under 20% and id rather not have to go in and turn it on every time i go under 20% (because I'll forget, im not always focused on my battery level)

Is there any way to remove or hide this notification from my notifications pull down?

Pull down the notification shade. Scroll all the way to the right. Click "edit" go down to battery saver and uncheck.

ಠ益ಠ

os2baba

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Pull down the notification shade. Scroll all the way to the right. Click "edit" go down to battery saver and uncheck.

ಠ益ಠ

That is not what he's asking. He doesn't want to hide the Battery Saver Toggle - which is what your suggestion would do. When you turn on the battery save option, an ongoing notification is displayed in the notification shade that battery saver has been enabled - even if the phone is fully charged. It's taking up an unnecessary row in the notification shade with an useless notification. If at all a notification has to be shown, it should have been a dismissible one. And when the battery threshold is reached, another notification (also dismissible) could have been shown. Who wants to permanently see that they have enabled battery saving when it's not even kicked in! Sometimes I really wonder what the user experience folks in these companies are doing.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

Not sure if you're rooted, but G2Tweakbox and G3Tweakbox has the option to remove this notification all together. It doesn't show up in the notification bar or in the notification shade.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Press and hold battery saver, app info comes up, press that, force stop, it will still be on but should disappear.

Leah Pratt

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! I was beginning to think I would have to root my phone to get rid of it, since every post I've seen about this issue has used Tweak Box to fix it. YOU'RE MY HERO!

Leah Pratt

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold battery saver, app info comes up, press that, force stop, it will still be on but should disappear.

Thank you so much! I was beginning to think I would have to root my phone to get rid of it, since every post I've seen about this issue has used Tweak Box to fix it. YOU'RE MY HERO!

Slow Bro

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I have precisely the same issue BUT force stop is not an option for me, for that not only disables the icon, it also disables the battery saver functionality. I looked for Tweak Box but it's for a different phone, not this one.

Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa