Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable Quick Settings on Notification Shade?

Personally, I love this feature! Having access to all those songs makes life easier for me, but not so for my wife. She isn't a hugely techie person at all. Often when pulling down the notification shade she'll accidentally turn her volume to vibrate, or turn wifi off, or NFC on, etc.

I've deselected every setting, but she is now left with the big "Edit" at the top of the notification shade. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    32,278 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Disable Quick Settings on Notification Shade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Personally, I love this feature! Having access to all those songs makes life easier for me, but not so for my wife. She isn't a hugely techie person at all. Often when pulling down the notification shade she'll accidentally turn her volume to vibrate, or turn wifi off, or NFC on, etc.

I've deselected every setting, but she is now left with the big "Edit" at the top of the notification shade. Is there any way to get rid of this?

There may be a way. It would require rooting and installing Xposed Framework on your device. Here is a little more info on it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...framework.html
    Mikey47 likes this.

G2 Xposed has an option to hide the notification shade. Requires root and Xposed.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Mikey47 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the info, but really interested in rooting to get this though. Just removing everything leaves her with the "Edit" button so at least she won't accidentally enable or disable something now.