Why my LG G2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

jerrycai

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just got G2 a couple of days ago, I like it especially KnockOn feature very much. But I find a problem of it.
It occasionally cannot be unlocked after I turn off the screen(lock the phone) for a while, I need to repeat to knock it for many times and finally the screen lighted.
I think it's not a hardware issue as the KnockOff feature always okay(100%), I searched and found a similar problem of here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/362850-screen-shutting-off-knockon-issue-fix.html
But fix the "Motion sensor calibration" doesn't work for me.

Any suggestion or tips on KnockOn feature, have you got the problem like me? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why my g2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Hello. I found the knock on feature works almost 100% of the time if you double tap just above the LG logo at the bottom of the phone! Try it and you are welcome!

jerrycai

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why my g2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Let me have a try... thank you for your tips

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

Hello. I found the knock on feature works almost 100% of the time if you double tap just above the LG logo at the bottom of the phone! Try it and you are welcome!

Funny, as I've heard many say it works best if the upper part the screen is tapped. I'm still use to tapping the center of the phone. But like the OP mentioned, sometimes I have to take 2 or 3 tries.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

It works best if the upper part the screen is tapped for me

vaits

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

KnockOn works better when you take a small pause between knocks.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

This is probably the only issue i have with the phone. Sometimes it takes 2 times to tap on and sometimes it wakes on its own.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

What I have noticed is that anywhere works equally well on the screen for me, the trick is you have to hit the same spot for both taps, even a bit off and it doesn't work regardless if it is the top, bottom, or center. I think it's just easier to hit the same spot when you are closer to the edge of the screen and that's why it appears those areas work better.

jerrycai

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

What I have noticed is that anywhere works equally well on the screen for me, the trick is you have to hit the same spot for both taps, even a bit off and it doesn't work regardless if it is the top, bottom, or center. I think it's just easier to hit the same spot when you are closer to the edge of the screen and that's why it appears those areas work better.

It seems not true, with a better lag between 2 taps, even a little bit away from the twice tap it works fine.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

knock knock has been working near flawlessly since kitkat for me.

i would guess if having a problem knock on that you have some app installed that is conflicting with it... some lockscreen app or widget you've chosen? if you cant pinpoint it, i'd wipe the phone clean being a new phone and test thoroughly before starting to reinstall apps. heck, that's how i had to find out why i was getting errors and issue with my lock screen with kitkat and swiftkey.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't matter where I tap the screen for me. I find it works about 90% of the time if I take the time to deliberately tap it, especially with the phone on a table. if I'm doing it casually while holding it it's probably closer to 75%. like the above poster said, if your second tap is even a little off it won't work.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

hafeezluqman

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I got my Double Tap To Wake feature back by updating firmware on my LG G Flex L23 Japanese version. Its inside hidden menu by typing 3845#*23# and then going into H/W Device Test -> Touch Test -> Touch Firmware Upgrade and then waiting for 20 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair