Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why my LG G2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Hi everyone,
    I just got G2 a couple of days ago, I like it especially KnockOn feature very much. But I find a problem of it.
    It occasionally cannot be unlocked after I turn off the screen(lock the phone) for a while, I need to repeat to knock it for many times and finally the screen lighted.
    I think it's not a hardware issue as the KnockOff feature always okay(100%), I searched and found a similar problem of here:
    Screen shutting off and/or KnockON issue FIX
    But fix the "Motion sensor calibration" doesn't work for me.

Any suggestion or tips on KnockOn feature, have you got the problem like me? Thanks

Default Re: Why my g2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Hello. I found the knock on feature works almost 100% of the time if you double tap just above the LG logo at the bottom of the phone! Try it and you are welcome!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Why my g2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Let me have a try... thank you for your tips

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravy View Post
    Hello. I found the knock on feature works almost 100% of the time if you double tap just above the LG logo at the bottom of the phone! Try it and you are welcome!
    Funny, as I've heard many say it works best if the upper part the screen is tapped. I'm still use to tapping the center of the phone. But like the OP mentioned, sometimes I have to take 2 or 3 tries.

It works best if the upper part the screen is tapped for me
    LG-isai

KnockOn works better when you take a small pause between knocks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by vaits View Post
    KnockOn works better when you take a small pause between knocks.
    Hey, your suggestion is good... a small pause between two taps helps a lot.
    Still trying..

This is probably the only issue i have with the phone. Sometimes it takes 2 times to tap on and sometimes it wakes on its own.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

What I have noticed is that anywhere works equally well on the screen for me, the trick is you have to hit the same spot for both taps, even a bit off and it doesn't work regardless if it is the top, bottom, or center. I think it's just easier to hit the same spot when you are closer to the edge of the screen and that's why it appears those areas work better.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by rclifton View Post
    What I have noticed is that anywhere works equally well on the screen for me, the trick is you have to hit the same spot for both taps, even a bit off and it doesn't work regardless if it is the top, bottom, or center. I think it's just easier to hit the same spot when you are closer to the edge of the screen and that's why it appears those areas work better.
    It seems not true, with a better lag between 2 taps, even a little bit away from the twice tap it works fine.

knock knock has been working near flawlessly since kitkat for me.

i would guess if having a problem knock on that you have some app installed that is conflicting with it... some lockscreen app or widget you've chosen? if you cant pinpoint it, i'd wipe the phone clean being a new phone and test thoroughly before starting to reinstall apps. heck, that's how i had to find out why i was getting errors and issue with my lock screen with kitkat and swiftkey.

Default Re: Why my LG G2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

it doesn't matter where I tap the screen for me. I find it works about 90% of the time if I take the time to deliberately tap it, especially with the phone on a table. if I'm doing it casually while holding it it's probably closer to 75%. like the above poster said, if your second tap is even a little off it won't work.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data

Default Re: Why my LG G2 cannot be unlocked by KnockOn feature occasionally? Knock Off always okay.

Great advice this worked!

you sir, solved my problem. thank you

That works great! Thanks!!