Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Maps/Navigation broken after KitKat update...

First I find my Swiftkey generates an error message at boot after KitKat update...
    Now I try finding directions on my phone and then press the button for directions and get the below error.
    I'm starting to not like this KitKat update. Can anyone please test by searching for directions to... McDonalds or anywhere and see if yours generate the same error?
    When you go to location settings... there are no settings for high accuracy or device only.
    Thanks.

Google Maps/Navigation broken after KitKat update...-screenshot_2014-02-24-22-57-52_zps6eefe569.png
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Maps/Navigation broken after KitKat update...

Update. Nav is working... I got frustrated and wiped my phone again since I didnt have much on it from last night and when using map it gave me the error message. But somehow I went back into location setting and it was now set to high frequency and when I loaded the map app it worked! Also, it wasnt until later in the evening where I found the button to change to high frequency... you go to the location section and for some reason wasnt apparent that you can press Mode at the top to change. I thought it was just a label and not a button.