LG G2: battery drain after update.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: battery drain after update.

battery seems to have gotten ever better after update for me... and my phone was already rocking easily going 1.5-2 days.

do you use any of the following apps regularly?

- whats app
- facebook for android
- weather widgets?

just checking because for the life of me, i can't get more than 23 - 24 hrs usage with ~3hrs screen time. However, I do use these 3 apps pretty regularly

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I use whats app, facebook, and yahoo weather. i have noticed with yahoo weather, love the graphics but the more locations you have the more it runs in the background loading data for each city. really uses a lot of data... and i never used the weather widget which i imagine would use some power. at rewipe i havent put it back on yet and just use the weather widget that comes preloaded after a wipe.

do you use any of the following apps regularly?

- whats app
- facebook for android
- weather widgets?

just checking because for the life of me, i can't get more than 23 - 24 hrs usage with ~3hrs screen time. However, I do use these 3 apps pretty regularly

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site

Facebook is a known wakelock monster. I would try deleting the app and just browse facebook using your browser. See if it improves.

James McGregor

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
For me the problem lay with Google search - more precisely the option to keep listening for hot words. Even disabled this actually still seems to be on. I disabled Google search and battery has returned to normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair