Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 Battery life .. Is it normal ?

I bought G2 yesterday and read amazing reviews about its battery life.... My phone has been off the charger for 2 hrs and 11 mins and screen time is 45 mins .... I have been using just BBM and whatsapp. Its down to 90% right now ..... I wasnt expecting it to go down to 90% since ive read on forums people go on for 2 days with moderate usage

Default Re: LG G2 Battery life .. Is it normal ?

That sounds about right. The reason why it can last so long is because it's extremely efficient when not being used. When you're actively using it it will discharge at around 10% per hour, when you're not using it around 5% over 6 hours.

Well 45 minutes you dropped 10% so that's an average of about 7.5 hrs on screen time. Not to bad.

I would just use the phone and not stress about the numbers. Use it and see if it gets you thru the day alright. If you have issues after a few days then trouble shoot

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    ajonesma and UJ95x like this.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulwahab93 View Post
    I bought G2 yesterday and read amazing reviews about its battery life.... My phone has been off the charger for 2 hrs and 11 mins and screen time is 45 mins .... I have been using just BBM and whatsapp. Its down to 90% right now ..... I wasnt expecting it to go down to 90% since ive read on forums people go on for 2 days with moderate usage
    here is a good app to see what is using your battery and it is free with no ads..........Battery Doctor (Battery Saver),
    LG-isai

There's nothing wrong with your G2. 6-8 hrs screen on time is normal. Those that report 48 hrs+ battery life only have the screen on 1.5-2 hrs each day.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB 4.4.2
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Those that report 48 hrs+ battery life only have the screen on 1.5-2 hrs each day.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    There's nothing wrong with your G2. 6-8 hrs screen on time is normal. Those that report 48 hrs+ battery life only have the screen on 1.5-2 hrs each day.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB 4.4.2
    Yup. This is my experience too.

ಠ益ಠ

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Like others have stated, 6-8 hrs SOT is normal. Those that claim 48-100 hrs battery life are either not using the phone or on wifi all day. If you really want ot extend the battery you can also turn off sync but then what is the point of having a smart phone?

Just to add, if your G2 is fairly new, I noticed that my battery life improved quite a bit after 2 weeks or so.

I am a heavy user and keep everything on, brightness maxed, etc... and most days I'm around 10-15% when it's time for bed. Though there are some days where I hardly use the phone and it'll be in the 70's at the end of the day.

I'm thrilled with the G2's battery life. Best phone I've ever had.

Posted via Android Central App