Google Play music and ringtones
I notice when I open google music that it lists the ringtones I put on my phone [via usb drive] as a separate artist and list all the tones. Does anyone know if there is a way to not have google music list my ringtones as an artist? Thanks
- 02-27-2014, 11:23 PM #2
- 188 Posts
Re: google music and ringtones
I don't think so, unless they've added that facility this year. That was one of the things putting me off getting Google All Access instead of Deezer(or spotify etc). All (decent) music apps allow you to select specific folders for where your music is located, but Google's half baked offering doesn't. Instead, it listed ringtones, notifications, and audio files from various random orphan folders scattered about the file system as part of my 'music' collection.
- 02-28-2014, 10:00 AM #4
- 02-28-2014, 04:32 PM #6
Re: Google Play music and ringtones
Crate new file in the folder you do not want media scanner to scan at startup.
Call it ".nomedia"
Is is the first alphabetical file in folder.
Scanner sees it and ignores the folder and goes to the next one.
Use es file explorer to create blank file.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
- By Robert2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 03-06-2014, 01:29 AM
- By THEPRFCT10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
- By Astro Nerd in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:33 AM
- By kanesmith41 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:23 AM
- By parkerd97 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2014, 08:52 PM