- 110 Posts
LG G2: SIM Swap.. Is this normal???
I got my G2 through work and wasn't sure if it was unlocked or locked to a network, so I had the bright idea of inserting a sim from another network into my phone to see if it worked.
Good news.... The other sim worked, so my phone is unlocked.
Bad news.... All of my home screens reset themselves. Even when I reinserted my sim all of my icons/widgets were still gone.
Good news.... I had done a home screen backup, so I restored them.
But is this normal?? I'm astounded that by swapping sims your phone reverts to the 'out of the box' home screens. My old Samsung S3 didn't do this.
Or is my phone doing something it shouldn't?
- 03-03-2014, 06:26 AM #2
- 110 Posts
Re: LG G2: SIM Swap.. Is this normal???
Nope, EVERYTHING changed. All of my folders, widgets and shortcuts disappeared, and were replaced by a few stock apps' (messaging, email, etc) shortcuts and weather widget.
Basically the home screens looked as if I'd done a factory reset.
- By rebel2401 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-20-2015, 05:20 PM
- By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 5Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
- By wsm0807 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
- By ahawkua in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 03-02-2014, 03:29 PM
- By Manny Mangat in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2014, 10:33 AM