How to move email from combined inbox to folders

GraemePSmith

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Howdy folks
Just got my LG G2 yesterday and can't find an option that I used all the time on my iPhone. I'm using a D802 international version of the G2 with Jelly Bean, and have loaded my 5 different email accounts into the stock standard email application.

I like to file my emails away in email folders, particularly if they are from clients or have other information I like to keep. On the iPhone there were two ways of doing this: I could either click on an icon while reading the email which allowed me to move it to another folder - OR - from the main email screen I could select multiple emails and then move them together to a folder.

I'm having two problems:

1. In the COMBINED inbox, I can' see any option to move my emails to another folder - nor can I see one when I'm viewing the email. However - if I go to a specific inbox for one of my accounts, then I can either long press on the email and see a "Move To" option, or I can go into the email, select the menu and see the "Move To" option.

Any ideas how I could get the "Move To" option from the combined inbox please? It's a bit of a pain sometimes for me to have to try and guess which account a particular email might be in, and then have to move out of the combined inbox to find it and move it.

2. Second problem is that sometimes email comes into one account, but my files for that subject are in a different account. Over time I've moved most of them to Gmail. Even if I go into a specific account in the standard email app, select "Move To" - I can only see that account's folders. How would I move an email to the folders in a different account? Was a trivial exercise on my iPhone, so I guess I'm just doing something wrong here

All help appreciated!

Gra

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey there and welcome to the forum!
I'm not sure about the stock one because i don't use it. However if you have most of them in gmail i strongly receommend using Google's gmail app instead because the stock one doesn't have push email whereas Google's gmail app does.

For Google's gmail app if you want to move email from inbox to a folder, simply go down your list of emails that you want to move and click on the left hand side icon for each one . Click on the button in the top right hand side and select "move to". Then select the folder, and they will all be moved.
I'm not sure about moving from one account to another.

GraemePSmith

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks @RobotHeaven. My email accounts are not all Google, and so I need an email app that will let me move mail from the inbox of one account to folders of another. I can see how to move mail within an account, but haven't yet found a way, or an app to move emails between account folders. It's annoying not to be able to do this, especially as the iPhone native email app does it without qualm, and it's a standard feature of any multi-client desktop email app.

So far I've tried AquaMail, K9, easyMail, and a bunch of others with no success. Is anyone aware of either a way to achieve what I'm trying to do here, or an app that will let me transfer emails between folders in different accounts?

G

Jake backues

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for the same solution. The only idea I have is to forward your emails to the correct account but this seems silly for something that was so simple on the iPhone to achieve.