Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: screen burn

did anyone face this problem
    i got 2 big dots in the upper corners looks like screen burnt (brown cycles)
    of course when i take a screen shot nothing shown so i had to capture my mobile itself as u can see in pictures attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G2: screen burn-2014-02-23_14.06.56-1-.jpg   LG G2: screen burn-2014-02-23_14.06.45-1-.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: screen burn

and i think it becomes bigger and more darker (brown going to black wholes) by days
    the pic attached captured now and the above was from 2 weeks agon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G2: screen burn-snapshot_20140310_2.jpg  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Holy crap! Nothing like that on kind...I'd knock on my wood, but my screen will turn off....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

any ideas plzzz
    i bought my mobile from emirates but now i'm in egypt , so i guess i have to send it to emirates to use its warranty or contact the home company or what can i do >???

How does it affect your every day usage?

The answer that you're looking for will depand on that i think
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

sorry pal, i didn't get ur point
    the touch is working well but i noticed that the brown wholes turned bigger and going to be black (white brown till black)
    everytime when i look to it i'm getting upset and worried about the wholes inflation or becoming darker

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.1.1

Default Re: LG G2: screen burn

I think I have something similar with my phone. Even though the screen works fine still it stinks to look at. I need to take it to the T-Mobile store.

Posted via G2 + Nova

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Adel View Post
    any ideas plzzz
    i bought my mobile from emirates but now i'm in egypt , so i guess i have to send it to emirates to use its warranty or contact the home company or what can i do >???
    There was a batch of Sony Xperia S phones that had an issue with yellowing patches on the screen caused by faulty glue that darkened due to heat. Perhaps this is a similar fault. The solution in the case of the Sony phones was to have the screen replaced (which Sony did free of charge because it was a manufacturing fault). I'd say the best bet is to send an email with pictures to LG support and see if you get a response.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks Ozrob i'll contact with LG soon about this issue

thanks Ozrob i'll contact with LG soon about this issue
    I have had this issue with my Lg G2 as well. Originally had the phone for about 3 months before noticing heavy darkening on tthe left and top left of the screen. Took the phone to Verizon and they replaced. Got the new phone and after about a month, I noticed it as well happening in the same places. Left middle of screen, and top left. Send for another replacement. Currently on my 3rd phone, and noticing burn mark now at the top left, after having this phone for about a month and a half.

Still need to contact Verizon again, or LG.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

OMG 3 phones with the same issue

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts

OMG 3 phones with the same issue
    Yeah. Could be a batch issue, like it was with the Xperia S. In that case it only affected phones within a certain build date range. Let's hope it's fairly isolated in this case.

Angry Re: LG G2: screen burn

Me too. First LG G2 just over a month, screen burn top right corner. T-Mobile replaced. I have 2nd phone not even 30 days, screen burn EXACT same place, top right corner. Taking back to T-Mobile today. Functionality is o.k. but burn is ugly to look at and I am sure will get bigger, darker and probably have more. 3 LG G2s in less than 90 days...not a happy camper!

I have the same issue . Did you get any answer from the LG support?

Quote Originally Posted by gerryf19 View Post
    Holy crap! Nothing like that on kind...I'd knock on my wood, but my screen will turn off....
    Is your G2 made of wood? Was it special ordered? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alin Pictorescu View Post
    As my experience this issue happened due to overheating something similar happened with a nexus 4 that I had prior this one the only fix that I came up with if you have the yellow haze and no warranty is change the whole screen LCD+digitizer and maybe get a new battery cuz once it start running hot is really complicate to bring it back to the original stage what I did to avoid the overheating was to lift the battery like half milimiter from the screen with a piece of rubber( couldn't get any thermal pad on the sides lift the battery so this one won't touch the screen back plate and put it together still overheating but the screen won't get as hot as before until I get the replacement por the screen assembly

My htc one m7 does this in the upper left corner. In some screens its damned annoying, and others I don't even see it. It seems to get brighter the longer I have my phone on.

Posted via the Android Central App

How do you view the pictures?

Just wait til those little spots grow. Eventually it will eat your whole phone.