DB80210b-234-20, what does the 10b mean?

paulie1975

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody , new to this forum was hoping someone could enlighten me on a few things please . Got my g2 couple of weeks ago and wanna get into flashing some roms ... im in the UK its locked to the 3 network , 4.2.2 .. software version DB80210b-234-20 .. build number JDQ39B ... I managed to root it a couple of days ago and gonna install recovery through freegee I think ? What I wanted to know was though , what does the 10b mean ? I know I should only download roms from the 802 section but ive seen 10g 10f etc and was wondering what this means and is it important when picking a rom ? Also when doing a backup , what do I back up ? Everything ? Is there anything I need to know ? And when wiping before flashing , what should I wipe ? Ive read about people wiping absolutely everything including the OS and getting well and truly stuck ... would really appreciate if someone could answer these questions for me , ive gone through all 37 pages on this forum (dizzy now haha) and cant really find any answers for me .. or if someone could point me in the direction of a thread with all the basic dos and donts of flashing , ive asked on xda but no reply . Im not a total noob , had the original htc desire and rooted andrregularly flashed roms as well as the first galaxy note1 rooted and flashed too , but by no means an expert .. sorry for the loooong thread any help or advice would be truly appreciated , thanks :)

paulie1975

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Am I gonna have to beg ??? Haha ... 207 views but not one reply ?? I'd put money on one of you could of probably answered this in your sleep ! .... Pretty please with cherries on top !! ;)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to lie to you but I think it just indicates the network your phone is locked to. As long as you flash an 802 comparable rom you should be fine.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would follow what's posted on the rom thread but I always wipe data and cache when flashing Roms. I know it will take a while but making a nandroid backup is always a good thing to do especially when you have a stock build running just in case you run into issues you can restore that.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The model number (D800, D802, etc.) followed by 10b, 10o, etc. represent different builds / software versions. Each time the software is updated it will change. You should go to the xda developers forums and see if there have been any issues flashing ROMs with different 802 builds.

In addition to creating a nandroid backup, I usually wipe data and cache. Some ROMs suggest wiping everything except internal storage. You can use the ROM installer in ROM toolbox app if you want to facilitate the process of flashing ROMs and Gapps (Google apps).

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's also a good idea to avoid nightly builds since the ROMs in my experience are often buggy and incomplete. I usually use release candidate and stable builds unless I'm just testing a ROM.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2