I can't send a picture through my text messeging??

Kimberly1998

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I was going to send a picture to my friend but when I went to the paper clip and clicked phitos then brought me to my google photos directly, is there anyway I can have options weather I pick the picture from my own photo album not google photos???!?? Please help me on this. It's really irritating. And then when I clicked on the picture I wanted a blac k box came up and said "file can not be attached" !!!??? Any solutions my ppl?

Posted via Android Central App

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
1- what txt app are u using?
2-go into settings > application manager > find the app that opened when it made u choose a photo > click 'clear defaults'.

you should then get prompted to pick which app u want to use to choose the pic u want to attach.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have eleven different options when I click the "paper clip". Did you clear the defaults in the way that somnambulator described?

Specifically, Settings (gear icon), Apps, scroll over to ALL (not Running and not Downloaded) then scroll down to Messaging. You should see several buttons: Force Stop, Disable, Clear Data, Clear Cache and Clear Defaults. Clear Defaults is the one you want. Once cleared, the next time you press the paper clip in Messaging, a popup window should appear asking what app you want to use to perform this action. Pick one but always say "Just Once", otherwise it will set that app you selected as default and you won't have the other choices any more unless you go through the Clear Defaults process again.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Kimberly1998

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It didn't work when I cleared the defaults for the messeging app but I tried clearing the defaults for Gallery app and then I tried google plus too and then I went again to try woth the paperclip and it finally gave me two options but I clicked on Photos which is google photos and clicked a picture then it said " File cannot attach" so I still want to know why it won't work for the googlw phtos option incase I ever nedd to use that option. ???

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Bad news?There is no fix for this issue. I have been dealing with ATT and LG regarding this issue. It is a problem with the 4.4 update. ATT just sent me a new LG G2 yesterday and the new phone has the exact same problem. I called ATT today and they are going to replace my G2 and my husband's G2 with Samsung S4s. They said their is no way to fix the G2 so they are replacing them with either Iphone 5s or S4s. According to LG there isn't a problem. I imagine LG is about to loose alot of money over this deal. Good luck. This has been a very frustrating deal for me and my husband.

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
This is the first I've heard of this issue; in fact, stock messaging has improved for me with kit Kat by properly sorting group messaging...good to hear ATT is taking care of you, at least.

posted from LG G2

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Bad news?There is no fix for this issue. I have been dealing with ATT and LG regarding this issue. It is a problem with the 4.4 update. ATT just sent me a new LG G2 yesterday and the new phone has the exact same problem. I called ATT today and they are going to replace my G2 and my husband's G2 with Samsung S4s. They said their is no way to fix the G2 so they are replacing them with either Iphone 5s or S4s. According to LG there isn't a problem. I imagine LG is about to loose alot of money over this deal. Good luck. This has been a very frustrating deal for me and my husband.

LG is going to loose the G2 owners that has confronted after Kit Kat trauma with their G2. Before G3 release there must be a fix for G2 broke after Kit Kat. If not, bye bye LG.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Tommy Phaneuf

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I was going to send a picture to my friend but when I went to the paper clip and clicked phitos then brought me to my google photos directly, is there anyway I can have options weather I pick the picture from my own photo album not google photos???!?? Please help me on this. It's really irritating. And then when I clicked on the picture I wanted a blac k box came up and said "file can not be attached" !!!??? Any solutions my ppl?

Neal Paulshock

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site