Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JackalopeSunDance
  • 1 Post By BecomingDeath13
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By leochantwk
  • 2 Post By OzRob
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyway to downgrade the LG G2 back to Jellybean from KitKat?

Since updating, I have had battery drain issues where before the battery life was amazing. Also, quiet mode no longer works automatically. I have to turn it off and on on my own.

After I upgraded to KitKat I did a factory reset. So that has been done already.

Can I downgrade my phone?

I would prefer doing it without rooting it, as the last time I tried rooting my phone, it was with the Nokia Nuron and I bricked it and it no longer worked. I do not want to brick my G2 as we're still paying for it and I don;t need to tick my wife off.

*after I find out whether I can do it on my phone, I will have to do it on my wife's phone as well. She is having email issues with hers and her battery life is horrible now too. She has a S4.

Default Re: Anyway to downgrade the G2 back to Jellybean from KitKat?

I don't believe you can without rooting.
    Thanked by:
    yyue 

Edit: Sorry misread.

I'd also like to know how to downgrade.
    LG G2 - D802
    Nook Tablet HD+
    Thanked by:
    yyue 
    yyue likes this.

You may wanna check xda forums. They may have the necessary information to help you along.

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.
    Thanked by:
    yyue 
    yyue likes this.

In order to get back to JB you have to flash the JB firmware using LG flash tool.

Here's a guide from xda developers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2
    kxs783kms likes this.

I also have problems with the kitkat upgrade.

The first problem that I have is when making call, the dial screen will turn black for as long as 15 seconds after I hit the send button, and then the "spinning" wheel will appear, and then finally it will start making the connection. This problem does not happen all the time, and it usually happen when the phone was idling for some time.

The other problem is that there is longer than usual delay for the key pad to appear when I move the phone from the ear - for example: making a selection during a automated call.

Lastly, before the upgrade, the phone responded lightening fast for every app that I hit, but after the upgrade, the fast response is replaced by some nagging "in-and-out" effect, which I am not a big fan of this so called special effect.

Oh, there is one more problem, after the upgrade, the top portion of the home screen is now having a dark shadow.

My LG G2 is the ATT version
    Thanked by:
    yyue 
    yyue likes this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyway to downgrade the LG G2 back to Jellybean from KitKat?

I'm also wanting to downgrade if possible, since the upgrade, my issues so far are.

1. I am not able to click install when trying to get a app from the playstore as that part of the screen doesn't work at that time, to install an app, I have to go in landscape mode.

2. Like number 1, that part of the screen also doesn't work when selecting the first link in a Google search or trying to reduce the brightness from the notification drop down, other than what's mentioned, it works perfectly for everything else.

3. The knock on feature no longer works, however the knock off feature works 100%

4. The camera now sucks, enough said.

Posted Via The Awesome LG G2 D803

Quote Originally Posted by 3lackdeath View Post
    I'm also wanting to downgrade if possible, since the upgrade, my issues so far are.

1. I am not able to click install when trying to get a app from the playstore as that part of the screen doesn't work at that time, to install an app, I have to go in landscape mode.

2. Like number 1, that part of the screen also doesn't work when selecting the first link in a Google search or trying to reduce the brightness from the notification drop down, other than what's mentioned, it works perfectly for everything else.

3. The knock on feature no longer works, however the knock off feature works 100%

4. The camera now sucks, enough said.

Posted Via The Awesome LG G2 D803
    After official 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade via OTA some G2 confronts functionality issues. Is bad cause android phones users wait for upgrades from Google Android Platform and after Kit Kat some of this android users just got broke phones, my G2 included. Those with rooted phones have the go back to Jelly Bean alternative. Those of us that runs stock G2, not root, must keep it up with a broke G2. For me, no more LG, not going for G3. As soon AT&T release the Samsung Galaxy S5 32GB I'm going for it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yes, Anyone can downgrade kit kat to jelly bean as I did yesterday.
    1. You should have the tar 5 file with you to use it with odin software. If you don't have it, download it from sammobile. it should be the correct one, according to your country and mobile model.
    2. You should also have the pit file for re-partition and same as above requirements. Thats all. .
    3. I was stuck at the samsung logo. Then i looked all around the internet to find the solution. and I got it. Clear your cache partition and You will get the target of installing jelly bean like me.

Cheers to all.

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nse master View Post
    Yes, Anyone can downgrade kit kat to jelly bean as I did yesterday.
    1. You should have the tar 5 file with you to use it with odin software. If you don't have it, download it from sammobile. it should be the correct one, according to your country and mobile model.
    2. You should also have the pit file for re-partition and same as above requirements. Thats all. .
    3. I was stuck at the samsung logo. Then i looked all around the internet to find the solution. and I got it. Clear your cache partition and You will get the target of installing jelly bean like me.
    Ummm....if you're getting the Samsung logo on an LG G2 then something is seriously wrong!!

Anyone ~ is there any good custom Rom for this phone.? D686?

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Ummm....if you're getting the Samsung logo on an LG G2 then something is seriously wrong!!
    I believe he was assisting with the op's wife's phone, which is a Samsung.