kitkat headphone noise? ?

chrisnutt

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys been seeing on web people complaining of headphone hissing noise a after kitkat update on lgg2 ,anybody have it? Kitkat not arrived in UK yet an I'm wondering wether to hold off updating when it does.Thanks for any replys

Last edited:

Subae Sebai

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem here. Ihave updated my LG G2 to 4.4.2 today and it was pretty good until I played a video on Facebook. First I though that it's my headphones problem so I tested it on my brother mobile and it worked fine with no problems ..

The Bard

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Same here, left side have annoying noise sound. Right side still good.

LG G2 D802 KitKat stock rom.

Posted via Android Central App

littlegreenman70

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Only had the phone 1 day, came with Jellybean. Didn't have much time to play about with my new phone on jellybean. Next day kitkat update arrived. Downloaded it and now I'm having the weird buzzing audio with headphones. There is also an audio problem whilst capturing video too. It seems like the G2 is strongly filtering the audio! Normal loudness is being strongly distorted (e.g. in music or speech it sounds like its skipping, from normal loudness to distorted/filtered quieter then quickly back. Very low/quiet frequencies are just about completely filtered out too. Not sure how to exactly explain how it sounds but it sounds so bad that I burst out with " WTF is this Sh*t!?" on hearing my first attempt at testing the LG G2's camera. All camera settings are on default too.

Jakob49

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Exact same issue here. My phone is brand new, so i did not get a chance to try headphone output before the update. But as the audio output is now, it is utterly useless:confused:

Jakob49

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the issue with all headphone audio output: Music, Google Play, Radio, Videos and Youtube. The issue is present with three different headphones: Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser PX360 and the LG earplugs.

Tried a LG G2 in the local store today (4.2.2) and the headphone audio output was perfect, just as it is supposed to be. I have sent an email to the local LG support-site (Denmark), hopefully they have a solution.

Is it possible to downgrade to 4.2.2 ?. It is also annoying that it is longer possible to disable Qslide in the notification area on Kitkat.

Last edited:

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Earphone noise since upgrading here too.

And to last poster... It is still possible to remove Qslide in kitkat. If it's not in your notification bar toggles already go to edit and enable the toggle and then go back to notification bar and then you'll be able to turn Qslide off.

Jakob49

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Sincs, hadn't really thoguht of that, but Qslide is now disabled.

The official response from the local LG support is that they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Azhar Ahmed1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,
I received my update on 07/04/2014 before update my headphones was working fine with clear sound quality but it was yesterday that when i used my sennheiser headphone and i noticed that there was a wired buzzy sound on my left ear phone. i checked my headphones on different devices like NOTE3 10.1" and S3-i9300 they are working fine. But the strange thing is that when i tried s3 headphones on G2 it was not giving any buzzing sound although sound was not very clear but the sound which was coming from my sennheiser it was not there. Any updates on this issue? or how can i report this issue to LG, could anyone one give me email id of LG representative so that is could mail them.

Jakob49

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
There should be a contact form on your local lg.com page, under Support and contact. I havent heard anything since they confirmed the issue and stated that they were working on a solution.

alancamuk

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Tech support confirmed that it's a software bug.

Just like not being able to use the touchscreen on insulating surfaces was a bug in jellybean.

heisowen

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the phone about a month ago and am having this issue. It's been a while since anyone has posted here but is anyone still getting the issue? or should it have been resolved?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2