Painfully slow wifi

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Turns out it was my modem. Went and got a new one, works like a charm. Wifi on my phone back to being super fast, crisis averted.
The snail pace wifi on my phone was basically like a warning that it was about to give out on my main PC, and that's exactly what happened earlier.
I'm just so glad I don't need to send my phone in for repairs or get a new one.

Ignore the attached image, it's a known issue with Swiftkey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-26-10-02-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-10-02-59.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Open system settings > applications > sort by all. Look for the Downloads app (.apk) and open it. Click disable then re-enable it. If that doesn't fix the problem try going back into the same sort by all menu then press menu and 'reset app preferences'.

One of those two solutions should work and clear the problem. If for some reason it doesn't, a factory reset might be in order. Be sure to backup your data before you go that route.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
And the gapps error is Swiftkey. Doesn't cause any problem or have any effect, it will probably be fixed by the Swiftkey people soon. It doesn't need to be uninstalled, but if it's set as the main keyboard, the message will appear on bootup.

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Open system settings > applications > sort by all. Look for the Downloads app (.apk) and open it. Click disable then re-enable it. If that doesn't fix the problem try going back into the same sort by all menu then press menu and 'reset app preferences'.

One of those two solutions should work and clear the problem. If for some reason it doesn't, a factory reset might be in order. Be sure to backup your data before you go that route.

Neither of those worked so I went ahead and did a hard reset. It went straight to 4.4.2 as well, by the way.

Still no change. I even did it twice. Updating the basic apps that come with the G2 is taking forever and at least 30min for the notebook app and over 15 for the screen update. The basic browser took three minuets just to load one page. This is absurd. I don't have a warranty because I bought this phone from GSM nation, unlocked. My carrier is Lycamobile (which goes through T-mobile) if that's relevant.

Edwin Nieves2

May 4, 2014
Visit site
To fix the WiFi problem (no connection, no notifications or slow down) on lg g3 download DNSet app from Play Store. On the app check auto star.This works for me, now my phone WiFi and notifications works better than before. Hope works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon