Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By somnambulator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Knock on with nova

I don't have a g2 but am planning to get the g3 so I'm wondering if knock on still works with other launchers like nova

Also, would you like the buttons to be under the bezel like the menu and back button on Samsung phones or do you still prefer on screen button? I hope the buttons will be under the bezel in g3

Default Re: Knock on with nova

Knock on still works, but knock off isn't fully functional with Nova. Only works on status bar. This is easily fixed by setting double tap gesture in Nova to launch screen off app.

I'm a fan of the on screen buttons. You can customize them (color, size, button function, etc.) however you want. I'd be surprised if the G3 had capacitive buttons.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2
    cootiesboy likes this.

Default Knock on with nova

i own nova prime but havent been motivated to install it on my g2. im not saying u shouldnt, but the stock launcher is really good for oem. its VERY quick and has some features, but not nearly as much as nova.

this is the first android ive owned where i used both stock launcher and rom. ive simply not had reason to change. nova offers much more customizability, if course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Topgonzo likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's great news about knock on still working. I don't mind the knock off not working because I use the swipe up gesture with screen off which I find more convenient since double tapping needs a blank space in the home screen. Can't wait to show off to my friends.

About the on screen buttons, if they are transparent then I'll be ok with that because I don't like to have a black background behind the buttons like on my friends nexus.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Actually, for me -- while Knock Off did work with Nova on the notification/status bar with Android 4.2.2, it no longer works after the KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade. Tapping on the notification bar now wants to set a calendar appointment or pull down the notification shade (the clock happens to be the top line in the notification shade).

To clarify, just touching the notification/status bar now shows the time, whereas I am pretty certain it didn't used to do that before the OS update.