Hi, is anyone using CyanogenMod on their G2? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the rom? Can you still use Google Play and Google Services in general? Can you still use all of your apps? Can you connect to LTE etc?
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM #2
- 2,123 Posts
I had CM 11 nightly build on my G2. It worked ok, but had a few issues. texting didn't always work, cam app was buggy, and it would randomly reboot. Like with other ROMs, you will have play store access if you flash the proper Gapps. The advantage of using a stable version of CM is stability and simple UI. However, there are now several AOSP ROMs (AOKP, CMB, Carbon, Slim, etc.) that are just as stable and offer more features than CM.
Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon
- By Chezziwick in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-24-2014, 04:54 AM
- By Sancrya0 in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 06-10-2014, 12:08 AM
- By Iram Khan1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 5Last Post: 03-28-2014, 05:44 PM
- By nappadang in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2014, 04:34 PM
- By DrewBeezy in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM