Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: Help. Quiet Time is broken after 4.4.2

You've heard it before but I want to keep posting it until it gets to someone's ears at LG and they fix this in the next update.

Don't try to set Quiet time 2 minutes from now to see if it turns on because it will. You have to set quiet time and leave it set.

You will see that Quiet Time will never turn on Quiet Mode at the scheduled time. Here's my screenshot from last night.

The notification is still there that Quiet Mode will turn on at 8, bit it's 8:05pm already and it never turned on. If I toggle the quiet time then it will turn on Quiet Mode.

It has no issues turning off Quiet Mode as scheduled, only turning it on.

This is a real problem with the 4.4.2 update. There's nothing the user can do to fix it, so no need for a reset. I've done that 3 times already.

My phone is as it came out of Korea. I haven't changed it or customized it in any way. Update was OTA.

Default Re: LGElectronics - Help. Quiet Time is broken after 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by thaig2 View Post
    You've heard it before but I want to keep posting it until it gets to someone's ears at LG and they fix this in the next update.

Don't try to set Quiet time 2 minutes from now to see if it turns on because it will. You have to set quiet time and leave it set.

You will see that Quiet Time will never turn on Quiet Mode at the scheduled time. Here's my screenshot from last night.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psa9c353ca.png

The notification is still there that Quiet Mode will turn on at 8, bit it's 8:05pm already and it never turned on. If I toggle the quiet time then it will turn on Quiet Mode.

It has no issues turning off Quiet Mode as scheduled, only turning it on.

This is a real problem with the 4.4.2 update. There's nothing the user can do to fix it, so no need for a reset. I've done that 3 times already.

My phone is as it came out of Korea. I haven't changed it or customized it in any way. Update was OTA.
    Android Phones users like upgrades of Google Android Platform. But we don't like that an official upgrade via OTA broke our phones. My G2 runs stock, not root, and after 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade the knock on screen is dead. A Factory Data Reset don't solve the problem. LG must solve this after Kit Kat situation before the release of the G3, if not bye bye LG. Some owners of G2 got no after Kit Kat problems, good for them. Other's got problems, bad for us.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    Android Phones users like upgrades of Google Android Platform. But we don't like that an official upgrade via OTA broke our phones. My G2 runs stock, not root, and after 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade the knock on screen is dead. A Factory Data Reset don't solve the problem. LG must solve this after Kit Kat situation before the release of the G3, if not bye bye LG. Some owners of G2 got no after Kit Kat problems, good for them. Other's got problems, bad for us.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Sorry about your issue, but I believe every G2 owner has the Quiet Time issue. It no longer works.

There are going to be issues here and there, but this one is real to all G2.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Doesn't the indicator on the top left of the notification bar in the OP's screenshot indicate that Quiet Mode is on? Sorry, I never use that mode so I wouldn't know, but an icon with a moon and timer seem to suggest that it's on.

Now if it's on but not working (i.e. still makes notification noises, etc.) then now I understand.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    Doesn't the indicator on the top left of the notification bar in the OP's screenshot indicate that Quiet Mode is on? Sorry, I never use that mode so I wouldn't know, but an icon with a moon and timer seem to suggest that it's on.

Now if it's on but not working (i.e. still makes notification noises, etc.) then now I understand.

Dude. I just told you it doesn't work. You think I'm stupid?

My screenshot CLEARLY shows Quiet Time enabled and Quiet Mode OFF. look at it.

It indicates that Quiet Time is enabled, But It never turn on Quiet Mode. In my original screenshot it shows it's scheduled to turn it on 5 minutes before and never did.

As far as the icons, the quiet MODE icon is a moon.

The quiet TIME icon is a moon with a clock.

And yes. Obviously the notifications come in because quiet MODE isn't on.

Stop questioning me. IT DOESNT WORK. Period. This isn't the first thread about it.

If I want Quiet MODE on then I have to flip it on manually because quiet TIME DOESNT WORK.

Does anyone here read thread titles?

It says QUIET TIME is broken. I never said Quiet MODE didn't work.

you want to test it and stop arguing? Set it yourself. It will work the first night you set it, and after that it will ignore your setting and never enable Quiet Mode at the scheduled time.

Do it and you'll see. And don't tell me it works. You have to leave it for a couple of nights as it will work the first time.

It doesn't work. Period.

Now get someone from LG in here that can help.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I'll refrain from giving you the response you deserve.

That said, good luck, hope you get your issue solved.

I use profile switcher apps to schedule my own quiet times. Works perfectly but not for everyone.

EDIT: I re-read my initial unedited post above and fail to see how your rant was warranted, because I sure don't see it. But getting back to helping you, my suggestion would be, if you haven't already, try a forum post on XDA.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: LG G2: Help. Quiet Time is broken after 4.4.2

I'll refrain from giving you the response you deserve.

That said, good luck, hope you get your issue solved.

I use profile switcher apps to schedule my own quiet times. Works perfectly but not for everyone.
    Yes. Refrain.

Its frustrating to explain this over and over after the OP was crystal clear.

QUIET Time doesn't work. That's the end of the discussion. I even posted a picture for those who can't understand English.

It worked perfectly fine until the moment it was updated to 4.4.2.

Here's another thread about the exact same thing

Quite mode problems

Only issue there is that the thread title is incorrect.

Quiet Mode is fine. Quiet TIME doesn't work. it won't turn on Quiet Mode as scheduled.

I don't care about profile switchers or another quiet time scheduling apps. I'm talking about the "Set Quiet Time" feature that LG broke.

Can any future posts be LG saying they're working on a solution instead of people trying to understand or arguing with me?

Thanks.
    Damon Tellegen likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

EDIT: I re-read my initial unedited post above and fail to see how your rant was warranted, because I sure don't see it. But getting back to helping you, my suggestion would be, if you haven't already, try a forum post on XDA.
    You can't help. Nobody can except LG.

This thread isn't for you. Its for LG customer service.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Night number one. It works on my G2 with Kitkat.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Quiet Time also tested and confirmed working here.

Yesterday, I set a Quiet Time of five minutes a few minutes beforehand, for 12:00 PM. I watched the screen and, at 12:00 PM, there was a popup informing me that Quiet Mode has been activated. Five minutes later it returned to Normal. My Sound icon switched from Speaker to Speaker with the line through it during this time. This part of the test was as expected since we got a heads up that this part would work.

I resisted the temptation to look at the Quiet Mode settings so as to not spoil the test. I did not reboot the phone or go into Settings for any other reason, and operated the phone as normal. I set a Calendar reminder so that I wouldn't forget to check this as I only had a five minute window to see if Quiet Time worked or not. At 12:00 PM, Quiet Time activated Quiet Mode, and at 12:05 PM, Quiet Mode returned to Normal mode.

In hindsight I should have made the test longer than five minutes just in case it works fine when the screen is on but doesn't work when locked, for example. I hesitate to change the setting now because I would then have to re-start the test as today would now be Part 1, so to speak). I may do that after checking to see if it still works tomorrow.

Device Model: LG-D803 Rogers
    Android Version: 4.4.2
    Baseband Version: M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0 190082
    Kernel Version: 3.4.0
    Build Number: KOT491.D803R20d
    Software Version: D803R20d
    Root Status: Not Rooted
    Uptime: 53:36:29

Quiet mode/time still working for me too.

Thaig needs to relax. The keyboard warrior act is played out. Twit.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Yup mine still works too, and my wife who has had kit kat since the release day has no issues.

Working fine here post Kit Kat.

Edit: Actually It seems to be working randomly as in the next post.

mine doesn't work. randomly it will, but i have it set for 11:15pm daily to 6am. last night at midnight I realized it wasn't on quiet mode. the night before that, it was. the night before that, it wasn't. I have it scheduled Monday through Friday. it's a serious, ridiculously stupid LG issue. kitkat is riddled with bugs.

Same here -- it's an intermittent issue for me. It usually turns on, but doesn't turn off (per the schedule). But, I've noticed that sometimes it does turn off when scheduled (but this is less common) -- and sometimes doesn't turn on at all. Regardless, it worked with no issues for me before the update and now it's unreliable. I can manually toggle it and it works -- with the schedule, it's unreliable, at best and defeats the point of having it scheduled. I wonder if this only happened to people who had a schedule active at the time they did the upgrade?

I have the same exact problem. My phone just woke me up at 3:22 am despite quiet mode setting. Worked fine until update last week. Where is the fix??

A temporary fix is an app called Silent Time by Quite Hypnotic. It works exactly as Quiet Mode mode does!

My works most of the time. Some times it doesn't but I go in and turn it off/on then it works again.
    To the OP get over yourself, move out of your parent's basement and get a job. Your response was way over the top over a minor issue.

somnambulator likes this.

Well, I guess I'm a little comforted to know I'm not alone in this. I'm having the exact same issues as others described here, post KitKat: Quiet mode is not turning on or off when scheduled. Oddly enough, for the first couple weeks after the update I noticed that sometimes it did seem to turn on when scheduled and sometimes it did seem to turn off when scheduled, but never both and never consistently. But, I did a FDR a few days ago and now it doesn't work at all unless I turn it on or off manually. Don't understand this at all. Will be interested to hear whether there is a fix for this. It's a feature of this phone that I relied upon.

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    A temporary fix is an app called Silent Time by Quite Hypnotic. It works exactly as Quiet Mode mode does!
    It ALMOST works the same as quiet time does. The difference (and problem for me) is..... I never have my phone on a 'sound' profile, only ever on vibrate.... but when Silent Time deactivates it returns my phone to the 'sound' profile instead of back to vibrate.

Not major, but a bit silly, and irritating.

If QUIET TIME is not working for you, there is a free alternative called Light Flow that allows you to set quiet time for both notifications and the notification light. The only thing different with light flows "sleep time" is that it does not allow you to pick preferred contacts that are allowed to ring through like you can with LG's Quiet Time.

Quiet time has been hit and miss for me since the update, in fact, I did a FDR to see if it solved the problem as well as a few others I've had, but it did not.

For me, quiet time activates on schedule but I still get random notifications that come through. Some ring or beep through, others do not. so, IMHO, there IS a problem with Quiet time.

David

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thaig2 View Post
    You can't help. Nobody can except LG.

This thread isn't for you. Its for LG customer service.
    Then don't post it in a public discussion forum! This is not an LG support forum, it's a peer support forum. And you're being rather obnoxious to your peers.

Okay, so I know this discussion is very old, but I just thought I'd mention that after downloading the VZW 25B update last week (to 4.4.2), I've noticed that Quiet Time is finally working again as it is supposed to. I'm not sure if anyone else found a solution in the intervening months (a search did not produce any relevant results), but I had continued to have the problem of it not turning on or off as scheduled ever since this conversation was begun last spring. But, now it's working just like it used to, beginning as scheduled and deactivating as scheduled. I know that's a VZW specific fix, but thought it was worth posting on the original thread, rather than starting a new one. Hope that means others have gotten a solutinon, as well. Best of luck everyone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand ..., now it's broken again.

Warning, the latest Verizon firmware update, 26A, seems to have broken Quiet Time on my phone once again.

I am FURIOUS!!! I noticed this morning that, after a week of operating perfectly (on firmware version 25B), once again Quiet Time is not working properly on my phone. It started on time last night, but did not turn off at the scheduled time this morning. I purposely had not installed the 26A update because I didn't want to take a chance of this exact thing happening. But, when I checked this morning, what do you think I discovered? It had apparently automatically been installed over night (I checked last evening and it was still on 25B). ARGH!!! I don't understand why it permitted me to manually install 25B but it automatically installed 26A without my permission.

Just venting my frustration, but also want to warn anyone else - if you have the option of NOT installing the VZW 26A firmware update, I recommend avoiding it if Quiet Time is a concern for you.

And yes, I am fully aware that I could be jumping to conclusions but, given the facts laid out above, it seems a pretty strong circumstantial case (yes, I'm a lawyer.)

Best of luck.

my scheduled quite mode stopped working awhile back in march when i 1st bought it. then it started working again. recently ahhh hemmm after the kit kat last up date....it no longer works. last month it was the alarm clock. i thought i was goin crazy, nope...OH ITS SIMPLE you just have to shut off the ok google settimg for lock screen????? wtff. i used the ok google 10 times a day...well i cant anymore and now its a vibrate issue...like c'mon LG i love ur products and verizoms service...but C'MON! alarm to wake me...nope \quite time to silence during my daily a.m. 7 a.m. meeting...NOPE\ now this vibrate bull****. if i could id upgrade right outta LG right now. u know how many tiimes this phones caused me to be late or the guy who didnt shut his sound off.... go easy on thaig2....i see his frustation w/ a $700 phone!!!!
    especially when the 1st person says somethimg likeHEY DID U HAPPEN TO CHECK THE MOST LOGICAL THING 1ST?? hmmm no i dunked it in the toliet...i thought was the 1st thing i should do lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast