Holding on keyboard symbol accented characters shows first?

Raivis Rimkus

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just bought LG G2, and now I have a problem, My previous phone was Sony Xperia Go, which had keyboard who showed up accented characters for my language first than @ or other symbols.

Example picture:

LG-G2-Review-15-messaging.jpg

as you see on symbols A S D F ......etc are some kind of smaller (edited by Moderator) symbols @ * ! # ... and if I press on A and hold, this keyboard insert those (edited by Moderator) up symbols.

Is it possible to change accented characters order to show up my Country's ( Latvia ) specific symbols , for example - if I hold A -> Ā, if E -> Ē, if C ->Č ...... ?

As I heard then Samsung also have this king of keyboard who shows Accented characters for language first that other symbols.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I would try a different keyboard, like Google Keyboard, and see if that can improve your experience.

Raivis Rimkus

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I already tried to use Swift keyboar, Go keyboard, IPhone keyboard, al keyboard, some kind of all in one keyboard but noone gives me that I want. And for some reason I can't install Google keyboard on my phone. It shows - its not supported for my phone! and this is very strange. :(

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I use Smart Keyboard Pro, in it is a setting that supports "Accents Priority", described as "Give priority to accented letters (or double consonants) instead of symbols when long pressing on keys. Only works for some languages."

It sounds hopeful. Below is the link to the trial version (fully functional but has nag reminders), you should be able to tell if this works for you before deciding.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardtrial&token=fOBrlnqy

I chose Smart Keyboard as it had one thing I wanted, aside from a definable dictionary (love Swiftkey but can't add words to a dictionary), and that is macro/shortcuts (like with the BlackBerry devices). Also supports skins like other keyboard apps.

Edit/Add -- Latviesu is a supported language but I do not know if the accented characters feature is supported.

Edit/Add2 -- I switched my language to Latveisu, enabled accented priority, and long pressed on a few characters and accented versions do show instead of the symbols above the keys!

Raivis Rimkus

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It seems for me the best solution is to make new personalized keyboard for myself :D

Any tutorials, suggestions how to make better android keyboard? is there any open source for this kind of thing ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49