Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: Vertical Lines on Screen

I bought LG G2 yesterday and I noticed vertical lines all along the screen, hardly noticed though but I can see them on full brightness the most.
    I want to know is this normal in LG G2 mobiles? I saw many complains of same issue and I can return this.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Vertical Lines

Quote Originally Posted by kasperkyd View Post
    I bought LG G2 yesterday and I noticed vertical lines all along the screen, hardly noticed though but I can see them on full brightness the most.
    I want to know is this normal in LG G2 mobiles? I saw many complains of same issue and I can return this.

G2 has issues before and after official 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade via OTA. My G2 knock on screen is dead after Kit Kat. Seems that LG is not going to find a fix for this situation. My advice for you is to return your G2 and chose other android phone manufacturer; HTC, Samsung, Motorola...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But do you see vertical lines on your phone? Look closely

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

someone with G2 answer pls

But do you see vertical lines on your phone? Look closely

Vertical lines are not normal. I would probably exchange it, but unlike advise above, the reviews of the G2 are outstanding with only a few people complaining about the KitKat update. I've had the G2 since it first came out and it is definitely the best phone I have ever owned with no issues whatsoever.

I don't see any on mine

When in direct sunlight I can see a grid of vertical dots. This is normal for the G2.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM
    Thanked by:
    Jastow likes this.

Yes, it's only in direct sunlight when screen is off. No worries.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

guess mine is defective then, not talking about the lines under sunlight as all phones have it, but mine has permanent grid lines all the time

Oh, that's no good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

guess mine is defective then, not talking about the lines under sunlight as all phones have it, but mine has permanent grid lines all the time

Are you able to show a picture of what it looks like? I know a screen shot won't work but maybe just a picture of the front of the phone with another camera?

Got the same problem mate look at here. **** thing. And they will not repair it in the Netherlands because they are not seeing it. I loved LG before this but now it is a crap brand for me because they say it is normal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

I have a customer with a G2. I installed a replacement lcd/ digitizer assembly. Testing resulted in vertical lines with a white background. I returned the screen and installed a second screen with the same results.

Just to test the phone I re-installed the broken screen and it worked fine other than the original problems of being cracked and dead spots.

I had the same problem with another customer's G2. It took 4 tries to get a screen that worked. has anyone else had a problem with after market G2 screens or am I missing a step that could resolve a new screen problem?

I know with Apple devices, if you do a Power button/ home button reboot, it solves similar problems. Is there something similar with the G2?

Thanks,
    Bob

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G2: Vertical Lines on Screen

My g2 has it, visible in certain light.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: LG G2: Vertical Lines on Screen

I got the problem with proximity sensor so I took my LG to authorized service , when it returned proximity sensor was fine but they replaced it with the screen which has vertical stripes as you are describing - I did not have it on my phone before - definitely I would notice that. So now I'm a bit angry since they repaired 1 error and send me phone with a new one ....

Question is if it is work it ...