Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is my LG G2 completely bricked ?

Hello guys,

New to the forum, I'll come here to find some help with my LG G2. I bought it Thailand 4 months ago and it is operator free, 16gb model.

I have installed TWRP and run Cyanogen for sometime but I wanted to install the official KitKat that has been released. Here is the step I took :

1) I booted into TWRP mode and looked for my last backup, which was a official LG back up (before I install Cyanogen)
    2) I launch it, somehow successfully
    3) Once I was back on the official LG rom, I went to Settings and Update
    4) I let the phone did his thing, downloading and rebooting.
    5) 10 minutes later, the phone booted in TWRP.
    6) I try to launch the LG official back up again, no luck, the phone reboot on TWRP
    7) I tried to run the Cyanogen Rom, somehow I must have forgot to swip or wipe or erase something
    8) Rebooting in TWRP

After hours on it, I just gave up and bring it to one of many shops here that fix/jailbreak/modify mobile phones. After 3 different shops, all of them told me they couldn't do it, they did not succeed to write any roms on the phone. They each kept the phone 24h and I believe they really tried.

One of the shops did a complete swipe of every data, so now, on TWRP, I have absolutely NOTHING is any folder. No back up, no roms, no files..

I am using Mac at home and I have a Windows 7 at work. I tried ADB on both, I manage to start ADB and enter the Command. But at that point, both computer are telling me there is no phone.

So guys, and please be sure I am not coming here as a lazy joke, I really tried everything I could within my skills (highly limited) and I am now praising for answer.

Will I ever get a chance to use that LG G2 again ? Should I bring it to LG and pretend I bought it like this (I doubt the LG sales guys will know more that the tech addict I went to before).

And if you do have a solution, please share it with me. What I found on the net is only based on the fact that at least ADB can find the phone. I really run out of options here.

In advance many thanks

Thibault

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Default Re: Is my LG G2 completely bricked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thibault Clavel View Post
    Hello guys,

New to the forum, I'll come here to find some help with my LG G2. I bought it Thailand 4 months ago and it is operator free, 16gb model.

I have installed TWRP and run Cyanogen for sometime but I wanted to install the official KitKat that has been released. Here is the step I took :

1) I booted into TWRP mode and looked for my last backup, which was a official LG back up (before I install Cyanogen)
    2) I launch it, somehow successfully
    3) Once I was back on the official LG rom, I went to Settings and Update
    4) I let the phone did his thing, downloading and rebooting.
    5) 10 minutes later, the phone booted in TWRP.
    6) I try to launch the LG official back up again, no luck, the phone reboot on TWRP
    7) I tried to run the Cyanogen Rom, somehow I must have forgot to swip or wipe or erase something
    8) Rebooting in TWRP

After hours on it, I just gave up and bring it to one of many shops here that fix/jailbreak/modify mobile phones. After 3 different shops, all of them told me they couldn't do it, they did not succeed to write any roms on the phone. They each kept the phone 24h and I believe they really tried.

One of the shops did a complete swipe of every data, so now, on TWRP, I have absolutely NOTHING is any folder. No back up, no roms, no files..

I am using Mac at home and I have a Windows 7 at work. I tried ADB on both, I manage to start ADB and enter the Command. But at that point, both computer are telling me there is no phone.

So guys, and please be sure I am not coming here as a lazy joke, I really tried everything I could within my skills (highly limited) and I am now praising for answer.

Will I ever get a chance to use that LG G2 again ? Should I bring it to LG and pretend I bought it like this (I doubt the LG sales guys will know more that the tech addict I went to before).

And if you do have a solution, please share it with me. What I found on the net is only based on the fact that at least ADB can find the phone. I really run out of options here.

In advance many thanks

Thibault
    First off, no matter how "stock" you are... Never, never, NEVER do an OEM/Carrier OTA update with a custom recovery installed, or any real modification to the file system or you will be in the boat you are in now.

You will need to do a complete TOT or KDZ restore, the exact process varies by the exact model you have, but I am assuming you have a D802 16GB International Version... it can be restored to original factory software without great effort, look in this thread and post here if you need more help: LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) - xda-developers
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    Thanked by:
    Goldschmidt likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you Acejavelin for your quick answer. I am downloading now and will try from my Mac later on, if not the PC at work during the week.

I am a bit lost regarding the firmware to download as my phone match several of them. I just took the "Asia" one, should I take "Thailand" ?

Again, many thanks !

Tibo

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

I would use whichever is the closest match to you... if you are in Thailand, then I would use the Thailand version, if you are not then use the Asain one. If it fails, it should not brick your phone, it just won't operate properly (connection to network may fail) and you could just repeat the procedure with the other firmware image.

Remember this will restore your phone to out of box condition, no more root, custom recovery, or anything else, and it will be wiped clean.

Good luck!
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    Thanked by: