Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By OhAlfie
  • 6 Post By KeepItReal
  • 1 Post By xgman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Warning: LG G2 Quality Issue

Hello,

I would like to warn everyone of LG Quality change over the G2 before you go and buy it.
    I live in Dubai currently and I sold my HTC One for the LG G2 after suffering with the low quality camera of HTC One. Anyway, I bought my LG G2 and I noticed that there is an irritating vertical scan lines over the screen mostly seen over fully white or fully gray screen. I returned it and explained and they open a new one for me to check and we found it's the same. They refunded my money.

But I insist to buy the LG G2 so I went to one of biggest stores here called Sharaf DG, I found it on shelf for the show, I was looking carefully and it was so sharp and nice so I bought one and I was shocked when I arrived home to find the same issue. I returned it today and comparing it to the one in show even the white color was different, the sales men even were shocked and they open another one for curiosity and they found same issue.

4 pieces of LG G2, stamped "Made in Korea" sealed and original have the same defect.
    I'm not sure if LG are cheating us with low quality screens after we believed that G2 is one of the best with their first batches, or they only produce their defective screens to this region.

** I advise anyone buying LG G2 to look closely to the screen with full white background or gray and check if those scan lines are available.

So sad, now I don't know what to buy.

Default Re: Warning: LG G2 Quality Issue

Thanks for the warning! I'm planning on buying one next month here in the Netherlands. Will keep an eye out for vertical lines.

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry for your troubles.

No such issues with my good ol' U.S. of A model G2.
    jmarkey77 likes this.

I checked mine, looking good here.

SQUIRREL!!!

My uk model is perfect,

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Lucky you guys I feel jealous LOL Shame on you LG

Dubious of all your postings! You appear to have a inordinate amount of problems with all of the LG G2 you seem to be going through. Really? You are trolling negative comments in these forums, and are not contributing to anything, except, I believe, lies. Reporting your userid, as potential fraud to these forums.

tsells, PxuLL, OzRob and 3 others like this.

Had mine since launch day and not a single problem. I think you might be seeing the LCD panel. Which, yes, under the right light, you can see. Its not really an issue 99.9% of the time though.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm facing problems with it yes and returned already, you're not facing any problems good for you but you're not a judge here, I post what I experience with any mobile, guess you're a fan of it so I won't blame you.

"Dubious of all your postings! You appear to have a inordinate amount of problems with all of the LG G2 you seem to be going through. Really? You are trolling negative comments in these forums, and are not contributing to anything, except, I believe, lies. Reporting your userid, as potential fraud to these forums."

You are not having a problem with 'it'. According to all your other posts here, your getting multiple failed phones, higher than the norm. You have reported returning, exchanging multiple 'failed' G2's, again, statistically almost impossible, definitely improbable.

i am having issues also. the update we just got caused my phone to lag badly. i d k if this is a common thing or what. all i know is that it sux. doing anything is a process. the worst part is that i cant end a call. any one know what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by mechell stinson View Post
    i am having issues also. the update we just got caused my phone to lag badly. i d k if this is a common thing or what. all i know is that it sux. doing anything is a process. the worst part is that i cant end a call. any one know what the deal is?
    First, reboot your phone. Second, check that all apps are compatible. (How many apps do you have installed?) Most people have had no problems since the update, and most problems are usually traced back to apps, excessive numbers of text messages, browser cache, etc.

user error. those scan lines are normal. yes very noticeable in certain light, but normal for this panel.
    Jastow likes this.

Well said.. Those lines are the digitizer underneath yes? I can just see them when the screen is black when I'm in bright sunlight