Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tsells
  • 1 Post By Klotar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Default Current BlackBerry User Thinking Of Making A Switch To LG G2, Need Help!!!

Hello all,

I am a current BlackBerry Z30 user and I'm thinking about making the switch to Android. I don't like Apple (Had iPhone 3-5) and I'm tired of the same old OS.

I have never owned an Android phone and after doing some research I narrowed my choice down to an LG G2 alongside the LG G Pad 8.3.

My question is on the QPair.
    Has anyone here used it?

I really like the old BlackBerry Bridge functions paired with a BlackBerry PlayBook but since BlackBerry decided to nix the PlayBook, it's really limited to functionality.

If anyone can shine some light as to how the experience is on the LG I'll greatly appreciated.

I'll be using my phone for personal use and media consumption alongside a tablet to read, surf the web, watch movies, and etc....

I'm fed up and tired on waiting on BlackBerry to deliver and I'm tired on looking out the Window seeing new and cool gadgets pass me by.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Current BlackBerry User Thinking Of Making A Switch To LG G2, Need Help!!!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Default Re: Current BlackBerry User Thinking Of Making A Switch To LG G2, Need Help!!!

Wasn't sure where to post it since my question is part phone and part tablet, moderators, please delete one of the duplicate posts.

Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by AlKuqo View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post it since my question is part phone and part tablet, moderators, please delete one of the duplicate posts.

This one makes sense to be in both if you are curious about both devices. I just added links to each one so that the entire context of the discussion is readily available.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    This one makes sense to be in both if you are curious about both devices. I just added links to each one so that the entire context of the discussion is readily available.
    Thank you for doing that

I was also a long time BB user and left before BBOS10. I can't help you with QPair, but I can say that the LG G2 is a fantastic device. It took me a week or so to forget how BB does things and get accustomed to the Android way of doing things. Just be patient after you make the switch, as there is nothing that BB does that Android can't do. Android just has more options and it will take a little while to figure them all out.
    Hope someone can chime in on QPair.
    Thanked by:
    AlKuqo 
    AlKuqo likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    I was also a long time BB user and left before BBOS10. I can't help you with QPair, but I can say that the LG G2 is a fantastic device. It took me a week or so to forget how BB does things and get accustomed to the Android way of doing things. Just be patient after you make the switch, as there is nothing that BB does that Android can't do. Android just has more options and it will take a little while to figure them all out.
    Hope someone can chime in on QPair.
    Hey thank you for taking the time out to answer this. I am looking forward to getting the phone and tablet

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I have the VZW LG G2, as well as the original G Pad and GPE G pad. I had been waiting for the KK update, which I installed last week and like it. Now there's no reason for me to keep both G Pads. I used Q Pair for both and they work well, especially at the distance I can keep them separated from my G2. You can't use the tablet as a phone on VZW though, not sure about the other carriers. I am able to get my text message, Facebook, and LinkedIn updates with no problems. It's a handy feature.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    I have the VZW LG G2, as well as the original G Pad and GPE G pad. I had been waiting for the KK update, which I installed last week and like it. Now there's no reason for me to keep both G Pads. I used Q Pair for both and they work well, especially at the distance I can keep them separated from my G2. You can't use the tablet as a phone on VZW though, not sure about the other carriers. I am able to get my text message, Facebook, and LinkedIn updates with no problems. It's a handy feature.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thank you so much for taking your time to answer this. I think I'm going to get the GPad 8.3 and wait for the LG G3 phone to go along with it

I'm also excited to see the LG watch

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I too was a long time Blackberry user and like you was tired of waiting for something new. I have an LG G2 and it is a great phone. I use this phone for much more than I used my BB for as there is just so many more apps. I am not certain if the G2 and G Pad will transmit data in the way the BB and Playbook do. I am not certain if you can browse the internet on the G Pad while using the data from the G2 like the way BB Bridge works. However the screen of the G2 is so nice you may find yourself using the phone more for browsing vs trying to use a tablet. At least I am content browsing the internet on the phone which was not near as handy on the Blackberry 9930.

Someone else will have to chime in on the internet data transfer to the G Pad from the G2.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

I'm also an ex-BB user (highest OS = 7.1). While you can't bridge like you could with the BB / Playbook, you can at least tether (although this may vary by carrier or plan) your tablet to your Android device. So you can still do emails, surf, etc. out at the park where there is no wi-fi but you have cellular data.

No regrets, haven't looked back. One thing that will make the transition easier is to install Google Sync (not 100% sure of the app name, check the BB World store) so that all of your contacts and calendar appointments sync over to Google. Then, when you get your new device, your contacts and calendar will sync over. After that, it's a matter of tweaking settings to your liking, installing apps that you had on your BB by looking for Android equivalents, and you're golden.

I don't think I have failed to find any apps that I had on my BB's that I need on my G2 (even BBM!).
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G3 D-852 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless
    Thanked by:
    AlKuqo 
    AlKuqo likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I'm also an ex-BB user (highest OS = 7.1). While you can't bridge like you could with the BB / Playbook, you can at least tether (although this may vary by carrier or plan) your tablet to your Android device. So you can still do emails, surf, etc. out at the park where there is no wi-fi but you have cellular data.

No regrets, haven't looked back. One thing that will make the transition easier is to install Google Sync (not 100% sure of the app name, check the BB World store) so that all of your contacts and calendar appointments sync over to Google. Then, when you get your new device, your contacts and calendar will sync over. After that, it's a matter of tweaking settings to your liking, installing apps that you had on your BB by looking for Android equivalents, and you're golden.

I don't think I have failed to find any apps that I had on my BB's that I need on my G2 (even BBM!).
    Thank you Klotar, what's the battery life on the G2?
    With regular use, how long before it's drained?

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

On weekends, it lasts 2 days as I barely use it. On weekdays where I read RSS news on the way to/from work, it lasts all day but is 40% by the time I go to sleep. If I play games at lunch etc., I would have to charge mid day.

I have my brightness at 50%, timeout at 60 seconds, power save off. 4 hours avg screen time but really depends if I game or not.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G3 D-852 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless

I loved Blackberry, but after using the disaster that was the Blackberry Torch, I abandoned it for the Galaxy S3, and now the LG G2. Android is so much more customizable than BBOS, and Android had matured enough by the time I switched so that it was as capable a messenger center as my previous Blackberries were. And now using Google and other cloud storage options, I can keep both my devices in sync, even though one is Android and the other is IOS.