Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I keep hearing different stories about the G2's camera. Is it any good?

Ive read and watched tons and tons of reviews on the G2 and keep hearing different opinions about the camera.

Mostly good, cause of the Optical Image Stabilization and 13 megapixels and so on. But say 30% of the reviews states that....and I quote....'the G2 isnt really a camera phone. It does an ok job but dont expect S4 or Lumia 900 kind of pics.' Other sitea claim the G2 knocks the S4 out of the water when it comes to taking photos...

My G2 will arrive this week (currently owning a SGS3 and pretty happy bout its pics already) and Im just curious what you guys think about the G2. Is the cam really one of its downsides?

Thanks from The Netherlands....

Posted via AC app

Default Re: I keep hearing different stories about the G2's camera. Is it any good?

Yes it's good.

Default Re: I keep hearing different stories about the G2's camera. Is it any good?

I've heard different stories too but the pictures i see look great on my monitor!

Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Personally, I think the camera is one of it's strong points, for still shots. It's quick, has very high resolution, colors are vibrant and clear... I have never used the camcorder feature though.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

I am pleased with the camera. DxoMark rates the camera very high (LG G2 overview: Ambitious challenger - DxOMark), but the video did not fair quite as well. If still pictures is your main goal I think you will be pleased.

Good hardware, not so good software

You tell me, here is a photo I took of my oldest when we were zip lining, she was moving at roughly 10mph when this was taken.

SQUIRREL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I keep hearing different stories about the G2's camera. Is it any good?-1398204178292.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks guys

Posted via Android Central App