Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't enable Slide Aside

Hey guys,
    Have a little issue here. Prior to updating to 4.4.2 I had disabled slide aside on my AT&T variant g2. I kinda want to give slide aside a shot now but when I go in disabled apps and click on Slide Aside this is what shows:
    Can't enable Slide Aside-screenshot_2014-04-22-19-00-05.jpg
    As you can see everything is grayed out. Any other disabled app has a not grayed out box that says "enable". Never had this happen on any android device. It's not a huge deal, but like I said I just want to give Slide Aside a shot again. I have tried clearing my cache and restarting my phone. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,230 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Default Re: Can't enable Slide Aside

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    Hey guys,
    Have a little issue here. Prior to updating to 4.4.2 I had disabled slide aside on my AT&T variant g2. I kinda want to give slide aside a shot now but when I go in disabled apps and click on Slide Aside this is what shows:

As you can see everything is grayed out. Any other disabled app has a not grayed out box that says "enable". Never had this happen on any android device. It's not a huge deal, but like I said I just want to give Slide Aside a shot again. I have tried clearing my cache and restarting my phone. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Either you have another app disabled that is required for it work, or it's a glitch and may require a FDR to correct. You could try resetting app preferences, go to Settings, Application Manager, overflow menu, and select "Reset app preferences" then reboot after it completes, this will enable ALL disabled apps though.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can't enable Slide Aside

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Either you have another app disabled that is required for it work, or it's a glitch and may require a FDR to correct. You could try resetting app preferences, go to Settings, Application Manager, overflow menu, and select "Reset app preferences" then reboot after it completes, this will enable ALL disabled apps though.
    Thanks for your input. I was kinda thinking that was my next step. I will just have to write down all the ones that I have disabled. :/ no biggie. I'll report back if it works.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Reset app preferences worked. Sucked because I had to redisable stuff. But that's life. Thanks for the help Ace!

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    Thanked by: