Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  • 4 Post By gerryf19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case or naked?

wondering if i should stick to using my phone case-less or buy a case for it. im worried of setting my phone on tables and counter tops and drawers things of that nature, will start showing wear and tear lines on my back cover (I am using the white variant of the g2)

Default Re: Case or naked?

I always have some sort of case on my phones. I like to keep them looking new as possible for a long time
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

For your consideration:

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Case, always... And a decent one (Ballistic, Seidio, Cruzerlite, Otterbox, etc.)

A case is way cheaper than a replacement phone or insurance deductible, and accident happen even to the most careful people.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    jmillertime86 likes this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I am getting a black G2 tomorrow. From reading these forums it seems like the back of the phone does scratch and it is a little slippery. I currently use a Diztronic for my S3. I like it and it adds a little texture and grip and not much size at all. I have dropped my S3 a few times and this case has saved it but the drops were from 2 ft or less. I wouldn't say it is super protective on drops but fine for scratches and adds very little size to the phone.

Verizon version:

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG G2 (Verizon Only - Model VS980) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Everything else version:

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG G2 (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile Only) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quickview case FTW.

I picked up a couple Incipio Feather cases (1 regular, 1 shine). I sit at a desk all day, so I had the same concern as you as far as scratching the back, etc. The Feather is probably the thinnest case available. Covers the back and the corners. I dont anticipate it protecting from a drop, but I wasnt looking for that.

I got my g2 on release day. No case. Good ergonomics of phone makes it comfortable in my hand. Love to have this gorgeous screen in such a relatively small for me factor. My brothers g2 has the Incipio dual pro case. I like it, but not enough to throw a case on this bad boy.

Posted via Android Central App

Naked.....wait, are we walking about our phones?

I have the incipio as well I sometimes do want two go bare with this device. Maybe get protective plastic they sell to go around the whole phone and have a Holster

Sent from the sexy LG G2

Got the ballistic. Its kinda big but it protects very well. Must have dropped it a couple of times, and without the protection i would have switched phones 3-4 times already

I got a Poetic case from Amazon for my G2 and it is incredible. It provides a grip and protection at almost no additional size. Love the feel, slides in and out of pocket smoothly, looks great and I consider it the best of both worlds, naked and clothed!!

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I used the ballistic aspira case and love it. A little thicker than tpu cases but has a great tight fit, thick rubber at the corners and doesn't lift your screen protector edges.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk