Does your phone stay at 100% battery for way too long?

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding that my friends and I are all experiencing this on their G2's, and I've noticed some people say the same thing on the forums here. If you let this phone charge to 100 and don't remember to take it off right away, it stays on 100% way too long. And then once it starts falling, it falls at a much more rapid rate.

This cannot be right, and if everyone is experiencing it, does that mean we all have incorrectly calibrated batteries?

Has anyone tried to fix it? All the battery calibration apps in the play store seem pretty sketchy and from a LONG time ago (android 2.0 days)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't have a G2 but have you tried letting the battery drain completely then charging it again? Maybe that will re-calibrate it for you?

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Try this. Next time you charge your G2 to 100%, restart the phone while still on the charger. When you get back to the home screen, unplug the charger. I had read this may recalibrate the battery at full capacity. Just a thought.

Posted via Android Central App

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you both for the response, but I've tried both of these methods. I've had the G2 for 6 months now so I've had a lot of time to try different things. It just won't do it. But at the same time I'm hesitant to try to use a froyo app to request root access to change low level settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37