LG G2 D803 - A Software Update just arrive - seems sketchy though

burt brutal

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
LG G2 D803 (Canada) - Carrier - Rogers

Received a notification this morning that there is a software update available. Already updated to Kitkat a few weeks ago.
The update says:

This software update enhances functions of your phone. No personal data stored in phone will be deleted.

Enhancements:
1: Apps
2: Enter home screen directly without turning phone on.

I have not updated it due to being concerned that there is nothing out there regarding this update. Seems sketchy to me.

Just thought I would post this to see if anyone received this same update notice.

Thoughts?
thanks

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it 4.4.3? I mean, I have heard of a few instances where that is surfacing for some people. Maybe there's no chance that you're getting it right now, but you never know. It could be.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

burt brutal

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Ya Knock code - that could be it.
Just seems weird though. First Android phone and running no security software. Just playing it safe.
I will wait it out a bit and see before I update it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Security software ha ha ha. No need for it.
Ya Knock code - that could be it.
Just seems weird though. First Android phone and running no security software. Just playing it safe.
I will wait it out a bit and see before I update it.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, confirming that it was indeed the new knock code and is still 4.4.2; I had installed it on Wednesday afternoon on two G2's. but hadn't read a peep from anyone on any boards until this post either.

However, just to add -- there is really no reason to doubt an OTA upgrade -- security-wise, that is. While it might be possible to spoof an upgrade screen somehow, you can also just confirm it first in the Updates screen (About Phone, Update Center), which as far as I know, can't be faked/spoofed.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, confirming that it was indeed the new knock code and is still 4.4.2; I had installed it on Wednesday afternoon on two G2's. but hadn't read a peep from anyone on any boards until this post either.

However, just to add -- there is really no reason to doubt an OTA upgrade -- security-wise, that is. While it might be possible to spoof an upgrade screen somehow, you can also just confirm it first in the Updates screen (About Phone, Update Center), which as far as I know, can't be faked/spoofed.

Did the update include an option to add a recent apps softkey by any chance? A photo surfaced recently that seemed to show a softkey layout option that included one. But I haven't read anything confirming that anyone actually has that option on their phone now.

dixieflatline76

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I accepted this update yesterday and immediately noticed massive battery drain. Checked the battery stats, increased drain from Google Services and android system UI. The latter is the pin/keyguard screen. So looks like it is not a very good port of the knock code from the pro/flex. I am re-flashing 4.2.2 and going to kitkat again, just to get rid of this crap! I recommend not updating unless you are dying to try knock code....