Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default LG G2 D803 - A Software Update just arrive - seems sketchy though

LG G2 D803 (Canada) - Carrier - Rogers

Received a notification this morning that there is a software update available. Already updated to Kitkat a few weeks ago.
    The update says:

This software update enhances functions of your phone. No personal data stored in phone will be deleted.

Enhancements:
    1: Apps
    2: Enter home screen directly without turning phone on.

I have not updated it due to being concerned that there is nothing out there regarding this update. Seems sketchy to me.

Just thought I would post this to see if anyone received this same update notice.

Thoughts?
    thanks

Default Re: LG G2 D803 - A Software Update just arrive - seems sketchy though

Is it 4.4.3? I mean, I have heard of a few instances where that is surfacing for some people. Maybe there's no chance that you're getting it right now, but you never know. It could be.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.1.1

Knock code update perhaps

Posted via G2 + Nova
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Ya Knock code - that could be it.
    Just seems weird though. First Android phone and running no security software. Just playing it safe.
    I will wait it out a bit and see before I update it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

All good. Update was knock code.

Cool. Hope the 802 will follow soon

Posted via AC app
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Security software ha ha ha. No need for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by burt brutal View Post
    Ya Knock code - that could be it.
    Just seems weird though. First Android phone and running no security software. Just playing it safe.
    I will wait it out a bit and see before I update it.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Yep, confirming that it was indeed the new knock code and is still 4.4.2; I had installed it on Wednesday afternoon on two G2's. but hadn't read a peep from anyone on any boards until this post either.

However, just to add -- there is really no reason to doubt an OTA upgrade -- security-wise, that is. While it might be possible to spoof an upgrade screen somehow, you can also just confirm it first in the Updates screen (About Phone, Update Center), which as far as I know, can't be faked/spoofed.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thanks guys. I know just paranoid....
    But ya, I hadn't read anything on any forums either which was weird. Now I know.
    Thanks again!
    chrisnutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    Yep, confirming that it was indeed the new knock code and is still 4.4.2; I had installed it on Wednesday afternoon on two G2's. but hadn't read a peep from anyone on any boards until this post either.

However, just to add -- there is really no reason to doubt an OTA upgrade -- security-wise, that is. While it might be possible to spoof an upgrade screen somehow, you can also just confirm it first in the Updates screen (About Phone, Update Center), which as far as I know, can't be faked/spoofed.
    Did the update include an option to add a recent apps softkey by any chance? A photo surfaced recently that seemed to show a softkey layout option that included one. But I haven't read anything confirming that anyone actually has that option on their phone now.

Angry Re: LG G2 D803 - A Software Update just arrive - seems sketchy though

I accepted this update yesterday and immediately noticed massive battery drain. Checked the battery stats, increased drain from Google Services and android system UI. The latter is the pin/keyguard screen. So looks like it is not a very good port of the knock code from the pro/flex. I am re-flashing 4.2.2 and going to kitkat again, just to get rid of this crap! I recommend not updating unless you are dying to try knock code....