Think of rooting but seen a lot of people with issues... anyone here?

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
So i have the tmo G2 and i am think about rooting for 2 reasons: the camera mod and louder / better sound. really thats it. I have rooted every phone i have had going back to the doughnut days but really, those are the ONLY 2 reasons i really want to root. I get amazing battery life already and have plenty of speed.

However, i have seen on xda a lot of people that have had issues after rooting with regards to white lines, losing recovery, losing root, all kinds of stuff. Now, there are a lot of dumb people out there that cant follow simple instructions, this much i know. I am not one of them (and not saying that anyone with issues is dumb). I know my way around a computer fairly well, have had lots of experience rooting with other android devices (though NEVER an LG which could prove to be the issue) so i am looking for advice.

Have you rooted? had any issues? did you root after or before the kk update? I understand that right now, before i root, i have to downgrade everything to 4.2.2 then i can upgrade to 4.4 again. I just really want to know specifically any issues or tips that i need to know before rooting.

thanks!!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So i have the tmo G2 and i am think about rooting for 2 reasons: the camera mod and louder / better sound. really thats it. I have rooted every phone i have had going back to the doughnut days but really, those are the ONLY 2 reasons i really want to root. I get amazing battery life already and have plenty of speed.

However, i have seen on xda a lot of people that have had issues after rooting with regards to white lines, losing recovery, losing root, all kinds of stuff. Now, there are a lot of dumb people out there that cant follow simple instructions, this much i know. I am not one of them (and not saying that anyone with issues is dumb). I know my way around a computer fairly well, have had lots of experience rooting with other android devices (though NEVER an LG which could prove to be the issue) so i am looking for advice.

Have you rooted? had any issues? did you root after or before the kk update? I understand that right now, before i root, i have to downgrade everything to 4.2.2 then i can upgrade to 4.4 again. I just really want to know specifically any issues or tips that i need to know before rooting.

thanks!!
I have rooted every phone I've owned, including the G2 the evening I got iton JB... ran several ROMs, reverted to stock, upgraded to KitKat, rooted again. I have never had an issue at all with rooting.

All rooting really does is add a component to allow "superuser" access to the device, rooting alone cannot damage or harm your device in any way... That being said, root used incorrectly can seriously and semi-permanently impair or break your phone.

Do your research, be careful what you do, and you should be just fine... And if a new OTA comes out, DON'T APPLY IT WITH ROOT or custom recovery installed without first reading and making sure that the update doesn't cause root to break or other issues.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have rooted every phone I've owned, including the G2 the evening I got iton JB... ran several ROMs, reverted to stock, upgraded to KitKat, rooted again. I have never had an issue at all with rooting.

All rooting really does is add a component to allow "superuser" access to the device, rooting alone cannot damage or harm your device in any way... That being said, root used incorrectly can seriously and semi-permanently impair or break your phone.

Do your research, be careful what you do, and you should be just fine... And if a new OTA comes out, DON'T APPLY IT WITH ROOT or custom recovery installed without first reading and making sure that the update doesn't cause root to break or other issues.

yeah i know all the ins and outs of what root is and does... just dont want to have issues. thanks for the reply!

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I was thinking the same thing I saw the paranoid custom rom. I always get nervous when it comes to rooting. I hope there's a easy way to unroot if needed and revert to stock and still get normal updated. I rooted my tablet and when I tried to unroot it won't happen lol

Sent from the sexy LG G2

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone since day 1 and I have zero desire to root and modify this great phone. Seems a lot of folks who post/complain/have issues always have the same thing in common...they rooted their phone and it always causes headaches. I don't like headaches. The phone does everything (and more) than I'd ever need as is. Don't root just because you think it's the "cool" thing to do. It isn't in my opinion.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've had the phone since day 1 and I have zero desire to root and modify this great phone. Seems a lot of folks who post/complain/have issues always have the same thing in common...they rooted their phone and it always causes headaches. I don't like headaches. The phone does everything (and more) than I'd ever need as is. Don't root just because you think it's the "cool" thing to do. It isn't in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. In most cases it's gonna be a give and take. I ended up rooting and I am on the fence as to whether I will keep it rooted or not. The camera mod and ability to use viper4a is really the only reasons I had any interest. Lol I root cause I like to mess with stuff not cause it's "cool"

I am on a vvery stock rom with only a few small tweaks and mods and I am pretty happy so far. I did have a couple small issues bit got those resolved fairly painlessly. The camera and sound mods to me make it worth it (make a sizable difference in both areas).

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree. In most cases it's gonna be a give and take. I ended up rooting and I am on the fence as to whether I will keep it rooted or not. The camera mod and ability to use viper4a is really the only reasons I had any interest. Lol I root cause I like to mess with stuff not cause it's "cool"

I am on a vvery stock rom with only a few small tweaks and mods and I am pretty happy so far. I did have a couple small issues bit got those resolved fairly painlessly. The camera and sound mods to me make it worth it (make a sizable difference in both areas).

I'm rooted only and using the cam mod as well as a couple xposed modules for customization. Well worth rotting for and I haven't had a single issue. I do wish it was easier to get a custom recovery installed as Kit Kat made it difficult.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12