Why does "Phone" take up so much battery when idle?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't make many phone calls, but it seems like when I do the phone continues to use battery after the phone call ends, and I can't force close it from the battery monitor. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't make many phone calls, but it seems like when I do the phone continues to use battery after the phone call ends, and I can't force close it from the battery monitor. Any ideas how to fix this?

Does your phone feel hot after making a call?

Also, check and make a note of your phone's data usage for the day (mobile and wifi) just before making a call... and then check your data usage again about 5-10 mins after the call. If you find certain apps (the play store, for example) have all of a sudden started to use a lot of data then you have the same problem that I had.

The only fix I could find was a factory reset.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Does your phone feel hot after making a call?

Also, check and make a note of your phone's data usage for the day (mobile and wifi) just before making a call... and then check your data usage again about 5-10 mins after the call. If you find certain apps (the play store, for example) have all of a sudden started to use a lot of data then you have the same problem that I had.

The only fix I could find was a factory reset.

Hmm, I don't think it gets too hot, but I have it in a case so it might and I'm just not noticing. And yes, I also see Foursquare popping up even if I haven't used it at all. A factory reset might be in order this weekend :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay