Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why does "Phone" take up so much battery when idle?

I don't make many phone calls, but it seems like when I do the phone continues to use battery after the phone call ends, and I can't force close it from the battery monitor. Any ideas how to fix this?

Default Re: Why does "Phone" take up so much battery when idle?

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    I don't make many phone calls, but it seems like when I do the phone continues to use battery after the phone call ends, and I can't force close it from the battery monitor. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Does your phone feel hot after making a call?

Also, check and make a note of your phone's data usage for the day (mobile and wifi) just before making a call... and then check your data usage again about 5-10 mins after the call. If you find certain apps (the play store, for example) have all of a sudden started to use a lot of data then you have the same problem that I had.

The only fix I could find was a factory reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Why does "Phone" take up so much battery when idle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sincs View Post
    Does your phone feel hot after making a call?

Also, check and make a note of your phone's data usage for the day (mobile and wifi) just before making a call... and then check your data usage again about 5-10 mins after the call. If you find certain apps (the play store, for example) have all of a sudden started to use a lot of data then you have the same problem that I had.

The only fix I could find was a factory reset.
    Hmm, I don't think it gets too hot, but I have it in a case so it might and I'm just not noticing. And yes, I also see Foursquare popping up even if I haven't used it at all. A factory reset might be in order this weekend .