Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Instagram drain?

I have the G2 on Sprint and my battery life is amazing... When I'm not running instagram. I open the app for 5 mins and already the app has drained almost 5 percent of my battery. I have to force close it every time so it doesn't continue to drain even after I close the app or swipe it out of running apps. I stoped using the instagram camera and even turned off all the notifications. Anyone else experiences this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Instagram drain?

I haven't but try a soft reset. See if that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

It happens to me randomly. But if I force stop it, it's fine. Tumblr does it too.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem. Every time I open Instagram, my phone gets hot and the battery drains like crazy. I just posted about it in the Moto X forum, because I wans't sure if it was phone specific, but since you have a G2 on Sprint (I'm on VZW), I am assuming it is a problem with Instagram. I have to force close Instagram or reboot to get it to stop.

link to my post --->Instagram Hogging Resources, Making Moto X very hot
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Every once in a while i'll delete apps like facebook and instagram and redownload it. It seems to help but I dont know if there's any merit to it. My friend suggested it to me.