Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement

Recently my knock-on hasn't been working and I have a couple of dead spots. Att is sending me a replacement phone under warranty. Several months ago though I dropped my phone in water for like 2 seconds. There was no issues, and it never even lost power during or after the water. My question is would att find the water indicator has turned even though its not the cause of my issues? I don't want to break open the back since that would void my warranty.

Default Re: Replacement

Odds are if the phone was submerged in any way, the indicator will trigger and they will deny your replacement.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the help. I did have a case and cover on too. I don't think the case is water proof but the battery pack is sealed on this phone too. You think that would help anything?

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

The LDI is in the SIM slot on most G2's, it can difficult to so but did you check it?

What I can tell you is if it shows Liquid Damage, you are screwed... they are very sticky on this, irregardless of the reason it was sent in, if the LDI is activated they will not warranty it at all. It still may be eligible for an insurance claim though, but if you have sent it in to the carrier already you might be toast.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P