Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG apps not updating?

Hi all,
    I wonder if you can help me please? Just got a G2 - love it, great phone.....But,
    I have upgraded to Kitkat and the latest app updates etc from LG and everything seems fine except that now the stock weather app, notebook app, voice mate and "on screen" apps say that "to run this application, update is required.Move to application manager for update" so I click on yes to continue and they aren't in the LG app updates section to be updated.
    Its not the end of the world admittedly, but I would really appreciate any ideas as to how I can rectify this please?
    BTW I've factory reset since updates as well and everything else on the phone works perfectly....
    Thanks.

Default Re: LG apps not updating?

Hi all,

I have the same problem. Tried to google it, but no results. Help would be really appreciated.

Same problem here. I have just updated to KitKat. I have an unlocked phone in Sweden.

Exact same problem..I have updated to D80220b.XX Anybody can help??

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Go to Settings > General > About Phone > Update Centre > App Updates and see if you can update them from there.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Tried that, but that doesn't work I'm afraid - it takes you to the LG update centre, but the apps that need updating aren't even listed, very very odd.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks for the advice BTW, worth a try

Tried the same but apps are not in update center...Checked on XDA forum and seems that some ppl have same issue Wish I didn't update it to Kit Kat.

Hi gazbo1, can you please tell me what carrier and SW version you are currently using?^MA

BTW My LG G2 D802 32 gig is completely Unlocked version. The Software version - D80220b-HKG-XX

I use international unlocked version D802B, SW version D80220d-EUR-XX. Thanks.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Hi LG , my phone is a D80220d-EUR-XX - unlocked.
    Hope you can offer some advice as to why this is happening.
    Thanks.

I found the help for weather widget and hope the rest coming soon

KitKat for LG G2 802 international - Page 23 - xda-developers

Hope it helps
    Thanked by:
    gazbo1 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by DraganGTD View Post
    I found the help for weather widget and hope the rest coming soon

KitKat for LG G2 802 international - Page 23 - xda-developers

Hope it helps
    Thanks a million, that works perfectly - plus there is another post on page 24 with apk's for everything that is missing! Great stuff

Great! Glad it works

It works, thanks. But I am bit reluctant to install apk from unknown sources. Hope that there will be official solution.

Hey guys, I think I've found a solution.
    I've been able to update the apps. I removed the sim-card, let the phone reboot automatically, and after it rebooted, I was able to update all the applications that weren't in the update center before.
    If you reboot it afterwards with the simcard inside, the apps will be gone again from the update center, but they'll work perfectly.
    Thanked by:

Great, it works! Thanks, Christophe.

Exclamation Re: LG apps not updating?

Just Bought mine
    using update and now 4.4.2
    kernel 3.4.0
    build KQT49I D80220d
    D80220d-EUR-XX

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Saelens View Post
    Hey guys, I think I've found a solution.
    I've been able to update the apps. I removed the sim-card, let the phone reboot automatically, and after it rebooted, I was able to update all the applications that weren't in the update center before.
    If you reboot it afterwards with the simcard inside, the apps will be gone again from the update center, but they'll work perfectly.
    YES That worked for me as well

well done
    Thank you

Hey, check it out. I think they have fixed something on their own. Right now there are many of LG apps for update!!!
    All of the apps are back for updating.
    I do nothing and now the problem has been solved

Hi all

I recently updated to 4.4.2 i have a G2 D802 in South Africa my network provider Vodacom recently released Kitkat update but since the update i cannot update my Qvoice Engine and my weather theme even when connected to wifi. I tried taking my sim out etc but nothing can someone help?