LG apps not updating?

gazbo1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I wonder if you can help me please? Just got a G2 - love it, great phone.....But,
I have upgraded to Kitkat and the latest app updates etc from LG and everything seems fine except that now the stock weather app, notebook app, voice mate and "on screen" apps say that "to run this application, update is required.Move to application manager for update" so I click on yes to continue and they aren't in the LG app updates section to be updated.
Its not the end of the world admittedly, but I would really appreciate any ideas as to how I can rectify this please?
BTW I've factory reset since updates as well and everything else on the phone works perfectly....
Thanks.

gazbo1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried that, but that doesn't work I'm afraid - it takes you to the LG update centre, but the apps that need updating aren't even listed, very very odd.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for the advice BTW, worth a try :)

DraganGTD

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Tried the same but apps are not in update center...Checked on XDA forum and seems that some ppl have same issue :( Wish I didn't update it to Kit Kat.

Christophe Saelens

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I think I've found a solution.
I've been able to update the apps. I removed the sim-card, let the phone reboot automatically, and after it rebooted, I was able to update all the applications that weren't in the update center before.
If you reboot it afterwards with the simcard inside, the apps will be gone again from the update center, but they'll work perfectly.

Vaping Android Head

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I think I've found a solution.
I've been able to update the apps. I removed the sim-card, let the phone reboot automatically, and after it rebooted, I was able to update all the applications that weren't in the update center before.
If you reboot it afterwards with the simcard inside, the apps will be gone again from the update center, but they'll work perfectly.

YES That worked for me as well

well done
Thank you

Padraig Syphrine

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey, check it out. I think they have fixed something on their own. Right now there are many of LG apps for update!!!
All of the apps are back for updating.
I do nothing and now the problem has been solved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy