Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By physioprof
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back Buttons

I have an Iphone and want to switch to an android device. I'm debating getting the G2 or the G3 when it comes out. My only concern is the buttons in the back. If you keep the phone in your front pocket, is it common for the phone to wake up in your pocket due to the buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Back Buttons

In ~6 months I've never had the back buttons accidentally pressed while in my pocket. It would probably be more likely to happen if you wear tighter fitting pants and shorts.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

I've had the phone for 8 months and never had the problem. In the same time I've opened one of the doors on our van with the keys in my pocket six or seven times...

SQUIRREL!!!

The back buttons are actually much *less* of a problem with accidental pocket presses than side buttons.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Mikey47 likes this.

Had my phone since day one and NEVER have had an issue like OP is worried about. Can't say the same about my older phones (iphones/S3/S4).

I wearing in a holster and occasionally have this happen, usually from a seat belt buckle. But, I set my screen timeout to 5 minutes, so worst case the phone is on for 5 minutes and then turns off.

My wife carries hers in her pocket and says it's never happened to her.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

The G2 is not supposed to come on even if the power button is pressed if the device is in a pocket, backpack, etc.

There is a proximity/light sensor that, if covered, prevents the G2 screen from coming on. You can test this by covering the proximity/light sensor with your thumb and trying to use knock on, the power button, or volume up or volume down keys. The G2 does not turn on (exception: if you use the power key, it does turn on very briefly but immediately turns off). As a side note, some people that might have knock on problems might have their hand too close to the proximity/light sensor when knocking.

That said, there are some posts out there where users report that the little test I described does not work (device still comes on with the proximity/light sensor covered), but those are the exceptions.
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G3 D-852 | Android 5.0.1 | Rogers Wireless