- 244 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I have an Iphone and want to switch to an android device. I'm debating getting the G2 or the G3 when it comes out. My only concern is the buttons in the back. If you keep the phone in your front pocket, is it common for the phone to wake up in your pocket due to the buttons?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 05-19-2014, 08:48 PM #2
- 05-19-2014, 11:37 PM #3
- 05-21-2014, 01:04 PM #4
- 05-23-2014, 10:14 AM #5
- 05-23-2014, 05:05 PM #6
Re: Back Buttons
I wearing in a holster and occasionally have this happen, usually from a seat belt buckle. But, I set my screen timeout to 5 minutes, so worst case the phone is on for 5 minutes and then turns off.
My wife carries hers in her pocket and says it's never happened to her.
Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
- 05-27-2014, 09:24 AM #7
Re: Back Buttons
The G2 is not supposed to come on even if the power button is pressed if the device is in a pocket, backpack, etc.
There is a proximity/light sensor that, if covered, prevents the G2 screen from coming on. You can test this by covering the proximity/light sensor with your thumb and trying to use knock on, the power button, or volume up or volume down keys. The G2 does not turn on (exception: if you use the power key, it does turn on very briefly but immediately turns off). As a side note, some people that might have knock on problems might have their hand too close to the proximity/light sensor when knocking.
That said, there are some posts out there where users report that the little test I described does not work (device still comes on with the proximity/light sensor covered), but those are the exceptions.
- By ksholl473 in forum Motorola Droid MiniReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2016, 04:36 PM
- By msstaki in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 04-03-2015, 01:35 AM
- By jsreen in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 05-23-2014, 03:17 PM
- By moviedude2k in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2014, 11:03 AM
- By TBolt in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:38 AM