Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Music and LG2

I'm debating ditching my iphone and getting either the LG 2 or LG3. As a "just in case, I've transferred my iphone contacts to gmail via VCard, and thinking about my music. If I download google music manager and sync ITunes to google music, will my music automatically go on the Google Cloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Google Music and LG2

In theory yes. My wife trouble with her playlists. The playlist transferred, but they were empty. I would try it out.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, up to 20,000 songs. You can also use Easy Phone Tunes to transfer iTunes music directly to the phone.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

I would warn you that the G2 and Google music don't really like each other much.

The G2 has some type of issue with itself that makes using Google Music difficult to use. The stream will often interrupt and you will have to restart it. It also happens when listening to cached music from the phone itself. I would hope that the G3 does not also have this issue.

I'm sure not everyone suffers from this, but I do use the service extensively throughout the week and often cannot go more than 10-15 minutes without the stream interrupting. To be fair though, it usually will start back up after about 4 tries and is really only an annoyance at best. It seems to be exclusive to particular songs also, as I have more trouble with individual songs versus a playlist.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Google Music and LG2

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Danca View Post
    I would warn you that the G2 and Google music don't really like each other much.

The G2 has some type of issue with itself that makes using Google Music difficult to use. The stream will often interrupt and you will have to restart it. It also happens when listening to cached music from the phone itself. I would hope that the G3 does not also have this issue.

I'm sure not everyone suffers from this, but I do use the service extensively throughout the week and often cannot go more than 10-15 minutes without the stream interrupting. To be fair though, it usually will start back up after about 4 tries and is really only an annoyance at best. It seems to be exclusive to particular songs also, as I have more trouble with individual songs versus a playlist.
    Well that's not good. I synced itunes to Google Music and that part of it went fine. I know people get annoyed when you say "iphone just works", but it's things like this that make me pause when wanting to ditch the iphone. I really really want to but I see build problems on most of the new phones, software issues, etc.

Once the music is downloaded and saved on the phone, can you download a different music app that would work well?

Last edited by fsfty; 05-24-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: edit

In 6 months never had issues with the G2 playing music uploaded to Google music.

With Google music manager the music is not stored on the phone, so other music apps like PowerAmp or Shuttle won't play the songs synced with Google music manager.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    In 6 months never had issues with the G2 playing music uploaded to Google music.

With Google music manager the music is not stored on the phone, so other music apps like PowerAmp or Shuttle won't play the songs synced with Google music manager.

I thought you can download the songs to the phone by checking that option on google music. Google clearly says you can do this and listen offline:

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1250232?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    I thought you can download the songs to the phone by checking that option on google music. Google clearly says you can do this and listen offline:

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1250232?hl=en

Saving a song or album from Google play music only allows you to listen offline from play music app. The saved music won't show up in other music players. You'd have to directly transfer songs to G2 to play them in LG music player or other music apps.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Saving a song or album from Google play music only allows you to listen offline from play music app. The saved music won't show up in other music players. You'd have to directly transfer songs to G2 to play them in LG music player or other music apps.

Thanks

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

I stream music from Google Play All Access for about three hours a day on my work commute. I've never had an issue like the one you are describing. Streaming from the cloud or locally stored music works flawlessly.

I would say you have something wrong with your phone. It's certainly not a general G2 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I would say you have something wrong with your phone. It's certainly not a general G2 issue.
    It's good that you haven't encountered any problems, but this is an issue that has been brought up in other threads, exclusively by G2 users, like this one: Sprint LG G2: Google Play Music issue?

Hopefully there will be a fix for those experiencing that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I stream music from Google Play All Access for about three hours a day on my work commute. I've never had an issue like the one you are describing. Streaming from the cloud or locally stored music works flawlessly.

Don't you think that is what I would do first?

I am very happy that you don't have this problem. But it is a general G2 issue. I do not intentionally trash a device for no reason, especially when I enjoy said device.

I have dealt with this problem for a while, and have spent time researching.

Don't discount my statement due to your singular experience.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I gave up on Google Play and the LG G2 stock player. Neither play nice with my BT car radio.

I switched to PowerAmp (full version) and it's been great. I just use iSyncr to load my iTunes songs/playlists. Works flawlessly.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

Don't you think that is what I would do first?
    Don't I think you would do what first?

I am very happy that you don't have this problem. But it is a general G2 issue. I do not intentionally trash a device for no reason, especially when I enjoy said device.

I have dealt with this problem for a while, and have spent time researching.

Don't discount my statement due to your singular experience.
    I'm not discounting your statement. I'm simply pointing out that while the issue may affect some G2 users, it does not affect all. If it's a system issue, then it must be specific to certain carriers or regional firmware, or possibly a batch hardware issue. My reason for making the post was to counterbalance your assertion that "The G2 has some type of issue with itself that makes using Google Music difficult to use". The issue affecting your handset does not affect all G2 devices, and indeed probably not even a majority.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Results after yesterday's Google Music Update have been good for me. 2 days no pauses. Knock on wood.

How are you seeing things on your G2's?

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

If you just want you music from your iTunes onto your G2 then I highly recommend iSyncr and Rocket Player. They are made by the same company and work well together. iSyncr syncs your iTunes playlist via usb or wifi and works great. Rocket Player (and its widgets for the lock screen) works great. I use an iMac at home and this is the best solution I have found. Also, if you want to still use iCloud for Contacts and Calendar you may want to check out SmoothSync for Calendar and Contacts. Again, having an iMac, which works great with iCloud, everything works perfectly.