LG G2 Going of vibrate every night and turning ringer on by itself

mcguirestick

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have goggled this problem and cant find any reference to it.
This started when i got the second Kit Kat update over the air.
What ever setting I set the phone (Vibrate, or silent) in the morning the ringer has turned on?
Please help as its driving me and my partner potty.
Thanks

rrrray

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I think I maybe figured it out! My phone was also going into vibrate mode by itself... until now...

Go to Settings, to Sound, to Quiet Mode, to Schedule settings. Even if you have schedule settings "off," go in and turn it temporarily "on." Then unclick the days of the week.

Similarly, if you want to have it get quiet, you could presumably use this to make it shush.

Eran123m

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
When I tried to do the steps that is written here, it didn't work ( instead "silent" turns off and "sound" turn on, "vibrate" turned on).
So I tried to add another thing and it worked!!
this is what I did:
"Go to Settings -> Sound -> Quiet Mode -> to Schedule settings.
Even if you have schedule settings "off," go in and turn it temporarily "on." Then unclick the days of the week. "
+
change the "start" hour (I changed it from 22:00-6:00 to 22:00 to 12:00, so now it is not turned on at 6:00..)

It turns out to be a bug on Android operation system.

Thanks "rrrray" :)

droidman0922

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Eran123m - Thanks for the tip and to everyone else. We will see if it holds for me. I do have one, most likely idiotic, question though. All of the fixes in this string say to turn Quiet Mode on, make some changes (depending on what strategy you try in this string). I can't see anything that says what to do after you have changed the settings, de-selected days, etc. that says to keep it turned on, or make the changes and then turn it back off. Much appreciated!

Vegmonroe

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Eran123m - Thanks for the tip and to everyone else. We will see if it holds for me. I do have one, most likely idiotic, question though. All of the fixes in this string say to turn Quiet Mode on, make some changes (depending on what strategy you try in this string). I can't see anything that says what to do after you have changed the settings, de-selected days, etc. that says to keep it turned on, or make the changes and then turn it back off. Much appreciated!

I'm wondering that, too.

I'm on my second G2, and have had this problem on both phones. Tech support through Verizon says this problem doesn't exist, so I've been living in airplane mode for several months. Sucks.

So now I have unchecked all the days for quiet mode and then turned quiet mode off again. I'll experiment and see what happens. But I'd love to know if this fix has worked for other people, especially since a few months have passed since the last post. And if people are leaving quiet mode on after making the adjustment or turning it back off.

Vegmonroe

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE:

So it's been 10 days since I read this thread and changed the "quiet mode" settings in my phone, and so far the phone has not turned its volume on by itself. Hooray! I've even tested it while I'm working, which is when my phone should never make noise, and it's stayed in silent mode every time. So far (fingers crossed).

So to clarify what I did, I turned "quiet mode" on, saw that the weekdays were indeed "on," so I turned off every day that was selected (made them all grayed out), and then turned "quiet mode" back off. And I'm using silent mode as normal, which means turning the phone volume on and off manually.

Thanks for this thread, guys! It's been a godsend.

PFFlyers12

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! This did not fix, but you put me in the right place to experiment. My LG G4 went to vibrate every time I turned phone off. Even went to Verizon & tech said hard wipe or get a new one. I grayed out days, changed times, saved & it still did not work.

Here's what did work.
1. Go to Settings
then Sound & Notifications
then Do Not Disturb

2. Upper right corner, pull down menu click on Do Not Disturb Acces. Uncheck any apps. (except google maybe...). Delete any listed apps that are possible problems (I deleted Orbit which links to a keychain tracker, but may reinstall).

3. DELETE. completely (Trash icon upper right) ALL scheduled profiles.

I haven't added any new profile or reinstalled the app yet. We'll see.

love u guys👍👍

Here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781