Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By aokusman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 or Nexus 5 ?

Hello there guys! (if your name is phil, and you are reading this, skip below and tell me what u like most G2 or N5)

First of all, sorry about this, i dont use to write on the forum, im usually just reading, but a i did lil bit of research and i didnt see no post about ppl asking "which phone should i buy " so im not really sure if this is allowed, on top of that i didnt know where to post this question so im posting it on nexus 5 forum and LG G2 forum (sorry again! if any mod read this feel free to Answer! move it to the right place!, TY!

Ok, now a lil bit of my history, like a year ago or so, i bough an LG L9, i liked LG software A LOT, i didnt knowi was going to use quick memo that much. however, i broke that one, then i bough and lumia 920 (hey! good stuff going on with WP8.1) i drown that one last week. and now im looking for android phone and i narrowed my selection to: Nexus 5 and LG G2.

I like the hardware of the Nexus 5 more than G2, but im going 2 use a case (slim armor if u wanna know) so it doesn't bother me that much, i like the G2 because of LG software (which i DO like, QuickMemo and Qslide is really useful for me), the camera and of course that HUGE battery. Until a couple of days ago i was decided to buy the G2, but now im not that sure because i dunno how long LG will support it, and i'd hate to install a custom rom to keep it uptodate, because that would mean no more Lg software, and if thats the case, id rather go for a N5.

(im getting both for almost same price)so:

Nexus 5
    + Updates
    // Build Quality (Dont care, going for a case)
    - Camera
    - Battery life

LG G2
    + LG Software
    + Batter life
    + Camera
    // Build Quality (Dont care, going for a case)
    --- Updates

Default Re: LG G2 or Nexus 5 ?

G2 no brainer

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yup, ill be ordering it this monday. if LG quits updating it i can always flash a custom rom... so ill be fine.

I have had a Nexus 5 since it came out and just switched to a G2. I just couldn't handle the poor battery life on the nexus 5 and quite pleased getting 20-30 hours of battery life with 2-4 hours of screen time.
    I def don't mind the LG skin, compared to touchwiz on my work Samsung which is horrible IMO.

I have the g2 my fiance has the nexus 5 I love my g2 over the nexus 5 and there about the same price...

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

updating, i just ordered the G2, it should be arriving in a week =D!

Great decision, you wont regret it :-)

Posted via Android Central App