Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 suddently starts acting strange, killing the battery within 5 hours without use.

Hi guys,

I bought my G2 about six month's ago and I'm very pleased with it.

I updated it to Android 4.4.2 about two months ago without any problem.

Since a few weeks it has started to act strange. The telephone suddently goes into silent mode and facebook is very slow.

Today i found out the phone restarted itself (3 times) and suddently the battery went empty very fast. Within 5 hours it went from 90% to 0% without me using it. Normaly I can use the phone for almost 3 days without recharging it (I'm not a heavy user).

Also the knock-on screen didn't react anymore and when I plugged it in to recharge it didn't do that. Only after the third attempt it started charging.

Does anybody have a clue how this could happen all at ones? I thought it could have something to do with a virus or mallware. Maybe somebody knows a good scanner for that.

Can anybody help me because I'm very pleased with my G2 but if the battery is dead after 5 hours of not using I will be forced to look for a new phone.

Thanks for your input.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: LG G2 suddently starts acting strange, killing the battery within 5 hours without use.

Welcome to Android Central
    I doubt it has anything to do with malware or viruses, since that is very uncommon in smartphones. It's likely due to some app keeping your phone awake throughout the day. I would go into settings > storage and tap on the cache data. That will wipe the cache partition and hopefully resolve the issue.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: LG G2 suddently starts acting strange, killing the battery within 5 hours without use.

I have had my LG G2 phone for a little over six months as well. Just recently the phone has been going through multiple screens just sitting on a desk. It will cycle through the camera, alarm clock, home screen and then pinwheel through all of the home screens and back to the alarm clock and cycle through a bunch of numbers on the clock. It does this none stop. I turned it off and restarted and it still continues. I try to go into apps to stop running apps, but it continues to cycle through other screens. As weird as this sounds, it's acting like it is possessed. any help would be appreciated!

I have exact same problem, the phone cycles through the applications on its own, did you resolve that issue ?

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have had it about 6 months too. Did you find a solution? Mine is a Sprint LG G2. It is going crazy. The camera keeps coming on. Like a ghost is hitting all of the buttons.

My LG G2 is doing the exact same thing as well!! It's so frustrating. I have minimal control over my phone and it will randomly go crazy and turn on all of my apps, not to mention randomly turning the screen on by itself. I've had the phone for about 4 months now and the problem for only about a day. What's the solution to this problem???

Mine was doing this as well as heating up severely. I did an FDR (factory data reset) last night. I will respond in a couple of days and let you know if this helped with the issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app