G2 won't show up in Windows Explorer

warrencoles

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't get the device to display under windows explorer. It seems it is a problem with my computer not the device as when I attached to another computer than mine in the LG service center it works fine. The service center was pretty useless because there attitude was it is your computer's fault go to Toshiba instead of at least trying to think about what the problem could be. I have a toshiba protege computer with Windows 7 professional 64 bit. USB drives connect no problem. And, the funny thing is, i restarted my computer and while it was shutting down for a brief few seconds it did actually work properly with the MTP icon coming up on my phone. After restart finished it was back to not working. I don't know if that helps to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Thanks!

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the drivers installed? Have you tried a different cable? Are you sure the setting is on MTP and not Charge only?

warrencoles

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mandoman. Thanks for your reply. Yes. Tried all those things. As i say the problem appears to be on the side of computer as my phone will work attached to another computer. I don't want to reinstall my OS just to try and connect my phone. Hope someone has some suggestions. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar