- 2 Posts
Turning off google chat help
Hello, on my pc, while in my gmail account, it states that my chat is open via my mobile device. I have gone through all my gmail and google settings on my lg g2 and can find no way to turn it off. I don't even see an option to turn off chat. I don't see any chat options at all anywhere on my phone. I don't have gTalk on my phone, so it can't be that. I looked at the Hangouts settings and do not see any chat options there either. Anyone know how to do this please? I do not want my chat constantly open.
Thanks for any help & much appreciated.
- 06-16-2014, 05:25 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Turning off google chat help
Thank you for the reply, under Hangouts settings, I see no option to "sign out." Under Hangouts settings, my options show:
my email (my gmail address)
Under my gmail settings, there is no option to turn off chat, don't even see chat settings or options for chat anywhere.
SMS is not enabled and if I sign out of my email, it still turns the chat back on the moment I sign back in. Is there a way to stay signed into gmail but have chat turned off?
Thanks in advance..
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM
- By jmagid51 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
- By sanzfrancisco in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-17-2014, 05:53 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 03:15 PM