Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cloud storage?

Hi there can anyone tell me what is the best cloud storage type app? At the moment I'm using Google cloud but was told it's useless? So any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Cloud storage?

I use Dropbox and OneDrive I find those are the only ones I need. When I use my M8, it backs up to Dropbox, and when I use my Lumia 1520, it backs up to OneDrive.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, LG G Pad 7.0 w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

I don't know if it's still in affect, but box was offering 50 gb of storage with the purchase of a G2.

Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and Mega are pretty good.

Drive and Dropbox are the easiest to use, but you don't get as much free storage as Box and Mega.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxygen View Post
    At the moment I'm using Google cloud but was told it's useless?
    Who told you this? I don't see how anyone could consider Google Drive to be useless. It integrates seamlessly with many Google apps and services, provides you with a decent word processor (Google Docs) and spreadsheet (Google Sheets), and gives you 15 GB of storage for free forever, with pretty cheap prices to expand your storage ($1.99/month for 100 GB).

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Who told you this? I don't see how anyone could consider Google Drive to be useless. It integrates seamlessly with many Google apps and services, provides you with a decent word processor (Google Docs) and spreadsheet (Google Sheets), and gives you 15 GB of storage for free forever, with pretty cheap prices to expand your storage ($1.99/month for 100 GB).
    Agreed. Google Drive ranks right up there with Box, Dropbox, and any others.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Using Box for business collaboration, and it works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi, I don't thing google drive is a bad option if you would like to edit simultaneously docs, with friends or colleagues. But for a mobile cloud storage I've been using Tresorit for a while. Their Android app is really good (fast, and syncs well) and what I really like about them is adding an extra layer of security. For me it beats others like Box and Dropbox (they are convenient too, but were not designed to keep my confidential business stuff). Also, my employee has a really strict BYOD policy and Tresorit is an approved option